VATSIM Client and TBM

dcboyinva

Hi All....I was trying to fly the TBM with the new xPilot client, and no matter what I do I cannot get the audio to transmit and receive from the TBM to the client.  I do not know which side to start with, so I figured the airplane would be a good start (since the other planes GA and otherwise I use work fine).  Thank you!

John

We don't really use anything special with regards to ATC software like PilotEdge or Vatsim.  The TBM will work fine on those.  I'm guessing it's something to do with some kind of configuration with xPilot.  

Just as a precaution, make sure your MIC is set to "MICRO" and not MASK.  MASK is used when you have your oxygen mask on.
image.png

Thank you for your note.  I do not get it at all....I have tried several other planes and they work fine.  This is what I see with the TBM:

Radio - http://prntscr.com/pk2uaw

xPilot Client - http://prntscr.com/pk2uiq

Is there anything else I can try on the TBM side before going to xpilot?  Is anyone else able to connect to the pilot client and the TBM?

Thank you again for trying to help me.

John

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2019 at 10:24 AM, medfox said:

I have been flying yesterday without troubles after updating to version 1.1.0.2

Also make sure you have the right COM open. Do you see the correct frequency on the left upper corner in xPilot?

Cheers,

Bernhard. 

I am unable to transmit on Pilotedge with the TBM 900. Like others, different aircraft have no problem. I'm confused with your reference to 'version 1.1.0.2'. Does this relate to xpilot for VATSIM or something else? I thought the latest TBM 900 version is v1.1.10. In any case, my TBM doesn't transmit to PE while other aircraft transmit normally. COM 1 checked and selected; MICRO/MASK confirmed on MICRO. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Works like a charm for me. Two things are important:
1) in X-Plane set the xPilot PTT-key/button
2) in the cockpit, make sure you have selected COM1 MIC or COM2 MIC (white triangle over the button left of the PFD), so the plane (and xPilot) knows on which channel you want to transmit.

You can listen to both channels, just hit the COM1 and COM2 buttons