de-authorize confusion

somedude1

Hi,

I have only ever installed X-plane once and iXEG 737 once on my PC. Both via Steam in 2017.

I think my problem is similar to this forum post; http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/14429-license-deauthorise/

However, I originally installed everything on my internal HD, but recently moved the Root Folder to my SSD as I was told it would run the game quicker. I am now being asked to de-authorize a machine.

I am wondering whether this moving of the root folder has caused this? 

1. Does moving the root folder between HD and SSD consider it as a new installation on a new machine?

2. If I move the Root Folder back to the HD where I originally installed everything back in 2017 fix this?

3.  If i select the oldest date to de-authorize, is it FREEZING the actual hardware or the software?

I have been stressing about this for 4 weeks now, as I do not want to freeze my game on my HD or SSD permanently.

Like I said, I have only ever installed X-plane and iXEG 737 ONCE!

Thanks for your feedback.

I can't speak for moving your root folder between HD and SSD, but I had to de-authorise my PC on a number of occasions without me having changed anything on my side. It usually coincides with Windows updates.

I just de-authorise the oldest entry in the list and so far so good. ;)

Jean is right - whenever gizmo detects a major "system change", it will ask you to authorize this new machine. In case you have run out of authorizations (3) it will ask you to de-authorize an older machine. This should not be a problem, because you will never "roll back" a windows update.

You de-authorize an older machine by typing FREEZE. This will forever and ever (and a bit longer!) prevent the IXEG 737 on running on that machine. So if you plan on installing the 737 on that machine again in the future, don´t do that.

"Machine" in that context means a system of hardware and software combination. Changing a major part of the hardware (disk drive, CPU, motherboard, etc.) or the operating system (new windows update, going to Linux, etc.) would be considered a "new system".

Freezing will lock and burn that "system" for the 737 forever. You can install the 737 on newer systems as many times as you want, but you can only have 3 systems authorized at a time.

People have run into problems where they have multiple systems (more than 3), frozen one of them (so they could install on a new one) but then the new one broke and they decided to install the 737 again on an old (frozen) one. This does not work.

Jan

Edited by Litjan