TBM900 with PFD RealSimGear

Jason1970

Good Afternoon,

i have 2 PFD units from RealSimGear and also make up my own 15” screen for the MFD.

i have an issue trying to connect both PFD units.

(1 x PFD and 1 x MFD both working very well)

i have calibrated the displays position too.

Problem I have is that in the cockpit builder file there is only for one PFD, one MFD and one little horizontal screen which I can’t remember the name of now .

i have mirroring monitor 1 with monitor 3( PFD1 and 2)

it does work but every time I reload the cockpit builder file or restart the PC all my settings are gone.

I was hoping someone can help me how to set this up.

thank you

jason

uploaded a photo of current work in progress

36E7B422-A952-4B2A-9AD3-38129EFDD00F.jpeg

• 2 months later...

How about setting it up as the PFD and MFD (2 monitor system, you said that worked very well) and instead of trying to mirror the other PFD in your computer you just take the hdmi to PFD1 and physically split it with a splitter box and send the same signal to both PFD's.  Your computer would only see the PFD and MFD.  The two PFD's should be showing the same thing anyhow (I'm guessing).  Neat setup. Would love to see more pics.  I'm thinking of doing same thing - either building my own TBM setup with 3 screens or just buying the realsimgear tbm package (just doesn't seem wide enough for a TBM flt sim.  Take care.

Hello, that’s exactly what I did, bought a HDMI splitter , so both PFD units are run by the same HDMI output. Basically just two copies of the same PFD. (In a way it doesn’t matter since In the TBM you can only use one PFD, not independent )

here are a few photos or my current setup, Bare in mind I’m still  long way away from finishing , some panels still require bolting on properly , etc.77F0E423-B687-446B-BD59-D1F2457633BE.thumb.jpeg.889dd2f3604af2ae151926c2771fd570.jpegB3AF5AB1-808E-46D9-9CD4-3C46E531DB38.thumb.jpeg.6555ad61ffc3191bb0d3f52d517f7b43.jpeg

thank you for your feedback.

• Like 1

But if you just hook it up as 1 PFD and the MFD it saves everything?  It doesn't make sense to me, if you're splitting the signal externally how would the computer know the difference?  Maybe the splitter is causing some kind of interference (try a different one?).

Very neat setup, did you make those overhead panels and AP panels yourself?  That's the most functional TBM sim I've seen yet, very impressed.