Fallback option to open the menu

highfly

Hi there,

With my current monitor setup/arrangement, I'm unable to open the menu when moving the mouse cursor to the left since I run X-Plane on my second monitor and the cursor isn't captured when moving it across the border. I know there are quite a few threads on this topic already. As I understand it, there is currently no other option of opening the menu than the aforementioned. In my opinion, it would be a no brainer to add a fallback option of opening up the menu, like a configurable button or a click spot in the cockpit. Some people might even prefer opening the menu with a button solely and thus avoid popping up the menu inadvertently, which used to happen to me quite often with my previous setup. While I currently can open the load manager when pushing the ground call button on the overhead panel, I can't configure anything else. I hope a second option of opening the menu can be added with an update. Thank you so much!

• 7 months later...

so the option to disable the main menu as a popout has been implemented.  The preferences window shows you the command you'll need to toggle the main menu ON/OFF (which is nice to know right before you disable the pop out).  Once you opt for "command" control of main menu, its just a toggle command.  There are 2 occasions where the menu will appear in the center of the screen 1).  First execution of the toggle command after clicking the preference  to disable the popup and 2).  Anytime the command is toggled and the main menu title bar is outside the viewable area (or super close to being out of view...like within 15 pixels).  This can happen if you accidentally drag too fast and slip off the mouse button and all the sudden the window is "off the page".  Simply toggle the command and it will reappear in the middle of the window in this case.

Other than those two occasions, the main menu window will remember its position, including between runs of X-Plane. 

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 3