737-300 no preferences menu

I purchased the 737-300, installed it but when I run the simulation the aircraft loads but I have no access to the preferences menu that comes out of the left of the screen.  I have uninstalled and installed the aircraft multiple times to no avail.  The menu that appears from the right of the screen works.  Also every time the aircraft loads I have to enter my email address and password.  Any solution?  When the aircraft loads it has the PFD and battery on but no sounds.  Thank you.

Weird problems...lets see:

1.) The no-leftside-menu could be a problem with having dual monitors or running in an unusual window/monitor configuration, maybe experiment a bit with that?

2.) Maybe you have installed the plane on a harddisk without writing permission?

3.) Make sure you have no other addons running (fly with lua, etc.) that may interfere with the IXEG 737...to test, remove all other plugins temporarily.

Cheers, Jan

• 7 months later...

Hey man I’m having the same problem here so can you maybe go into detail on how you fixed this with the Navigraph data and all that? I have 3 monitors set up in a surround system by Nvidia. I’d like to know how to fix it so 70$ doesn’t got to waste. Please man, just help me.

Edited by thomas_

3 hours ago, thomas_ said:

Hey man I’m having the same problem here so can you maybe go into detail on how you fixed this with the Navigraph data and all that? I have 3 monitors set up in a surround system by Nvidia. I’d like to know how to fix it so 70$ doesn’t got to waste. Please man, just help me.

Here is something to try:

Open the IXEG_user_prefs.txt file with a text editor (it is in the aircraft main folder).

Change this line:

disable_mainmenu_popout = 0

to

disable_mainmenu_popout = 1

Now start X-Plane and assign a button or keypress to the command:

ixeg/733/toggles main menu ON/OFF

Now when you run the 737, you should be able to pop that menu with that button/key. Maybe you need to adjust the position of the window (where it pops up), you should be able to do that with changing the mainMenuX and mainMenuY values in that preference file.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/10/2023 at 4:37 AM, Litjan said:

I am not really sure what you are talking about. There was no update.

I meant an X-Plane update. Sorry for the bad manners, I was a frustrated and irritated by other things. I'll follow the suggestion from jmf55 above. Apologies.

ax