Crashes to desktop when loading

AliceTBM

What's weird is that only very rarely (once in your logs) do we seem to visibly crash (as in, we actually get told there's a crash). In most other instances, the application simply quits without a trace, truncating the log file. That leads me to suspect something else might be forcibly causing us to exit. Do you have any kind of anti-virus software installed? Thinking if it might be triggering a false positive. If you do, try disabling it and see if that changes anything.

• 2 weeks later...

X-Plane CTD When Loading TBM 900

Steps to date:

• Uninstalled X-Plane / Reloaded / NO Scripts or Plug-Ins except what is loaded by the HotStart Installer
  • So fresh I haven't even assigned the sticks yet. (doesn't matter if I do, still crashes)
  • All other aircraft (native X-Plane) work fine.
  • X-Plane Version 11.36
  • Latest DL and Install of Hotstart TBM 900 V 1.1.9
  • Select Hotstart TBM 900 after X-Plane boot-up = new flight - CTD when loading
  • Starting with the generic C172 starts up on the runway. No issues.
    • Once running, select new aircraft OTHER than Hotstart TBM 900 - no issues.
    • Once running, select new aircraft Hotstart TBM 900 - CTD.
  • ...see file

Log.txt

Edited by Thudster

11 minutes ago, Thudster said:

Steps to date:

• Uninstalled X-Plane / Reloaded / NO Scripts or Plug-Ins except what is loaded by the HotStart Installer
  • So fresh I haven't even assigned the sticks yet. (doesn't matter if I do, still crashes)
  • All other aircraft (native X-Plane) work fine.
  • X-Plane Version 11.36
  • Latest DL and Install of Hotstart TBM 900 V 1.1.9
  • Select Hotstart TBM 900 after X-Plane boot-up = new flight - CTD when loading
  • Starting with the generic C172 starts up on the runway. No issues.
    • Once running, select new aircraft OTHER than Hotstart TBM 900 - no issues.
    • Once running, select new aircraft Hotstart TBM 900 - CTD.
  • ...see file

Log.txt

According to your log file it seems as though it's crashing due to audio device issues... maybe try re-installing / updating your audio drivers.

8 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

According to your log file it seems as though it's crashing due to audio device issues... maybe try re-installing / updating your audio drivers.

Sorry. that error ONLY appears when loading the Hotstart TBM 900. It does not ERROR or show issue when loading any other aircraft.

No other simulators have issues with sound on this gaming Rig.
X-Plane without HotStart, Prepar3D, DCS, AeroFly 2.

X-Plane has no issues with my sound, it's ONLY when the TBM starts up that that error appears.

Even so, I'm checking all my drivers for updates. - I will also reinstall any drivers to additionally test.

Edited by Thudster

4 minutes ago, Thudster said:

Sorry. that error ONLY appears when loading the Hotstart TBM 900. It does not ERROR or show issue when loading any other aircraft.

No other simulators have issues with sound on this gaming Rig.
X-Plane without HotStart, Prepar3D, DCS, AeroFly 2.

X-Plane has no issues with my sound, it's ONLY when the TBM starts up that that error appears.

Ah, ok. In that case the devs will have to investigate...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thudster said:

Here's the issue:

2019-10-11 10:09:18 xtcas[wav.c:224]: Cannot init audio system: device open failed.

You have something weird going on with your audio setup in Windows that is causing OpenAL to fail to open your audio target device. Are you using some kind of software audio router like Voicemeeter?

Hey all - thanks for jumping in!
I've rechecked everything. I don't have any additional audio software installed. (not Voicemeeter either). Checking for some residual things though just in case there are leftover drivers.

I have re-installed X-Plane and TBM three times total in the last 2 days. I'll do it again today and report back.
Hopeful - but as nothing has changed, not sure I expect a better outcome.

Update - TBM loaded no CTD.

• Uninstalled TBM via the UNINSTALL in the TBM directory.
  • Rechecked to be sure there were no plugins - manually deleted the Gizmo64 directory.
  • Deleted the remaining TBM folder and X-Aviation folder in the X-Plane 11 directory.
  • Restarted X-Plane without TBM in it.
  • Checked the Windows sound settings App Volume and Device Preferences to be sure the system and X-Plane had listed sound devices (while X-Plane was running). (Confirmed)
  • Shutdown X-Plan via the menu.
  • Logged in to X-Aviation for a redownload of the TBM, started the installation as before.
  • Installed with no issues
  • Started X-Plane and when the REGISTRATION box for X-Aviation appeared, filled in the correct info.
  • Launched a flight in the default Cessna 172. The sound was on and functioning. Shutdown X-Plane via menus.
  • Restarted X-plane and selected a New Flight with the TBM (Stevo1 of course)

TBM loaded and was ready for startup.

The only things I changed from previous attempts were:

• Delete the remaining X-Aviation folders in X-Plane leftover from the uninstall program
  • Remove the Gizmo plugin prior to reload
  • Ensure via Windows Sound that a device was selected for X-Plane (it was an no changes were made).

There are still errors in the log under the TBM startup, most appear to be because of the first time run of the TBM environment.

However, there are some Scenery errors and I have a fresh install of X-Plane with no additional scenery.

Log.txt

Thanks again! And thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

I'm guessing residuals from the previous installs/uninstalls of the TBM were causing errors showing up as failed sound activation.
Perhaps a leftover settings file or a wayward config file in one of the folders for the TBM or Gizmo that I manually deleted.

I hope this info helps someone else!

Edited by Thudster