Crashes to desktop when loading

AliceTBM

Tried a few things to resolve but no joy at all. Starts loading and then just crashes to desktop, every time. Only happens on the TBM, no other aircraft.

Latest Nvidia drivers

Updated X-Plane to 11.36r 

Deleted prefs and shadercache

Fresh install of TBM

Removed plugins

Tried different airports (standard and payware).

Reboot of windows after every change made.

Can anyone help?  I'm at a total loss.

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt

Ok, so I updated back to the latest X-Plane beta and this time it worked? So I went to try a short flight and the autopilot would not turn on (AP trims was on) so I headed back to the airport so I could shut the plane down and check the maintenance manger, everything was good. Rebooted X-Plane and now we’re back to square one with a crash to desktop every time. I’ve just spent 3 hours trying various things to get this to load.

Tried updating to x plane 11.40 beta and updating to latest navigraph cycle. After two crashes to desktop it worked the third time. Something isn't right. Seems highly unstable. Currently on a short hour flight to see if it crashes again.

I should also mention that I only fly in VR but it crashes in 2D so I'm not sure if it's relevant.

There's something else going on here that's confusing both Saso and myself.  Like you say, the TBM isn't even fully loading, but this latest log file doesn't even show a crash.  It just shows X-Plane stopping the load.  

I noticed you put all your plugins back.  Can you remove them all and try again?  

It’s very strange and it’s only the TBM that does it. I forgot that I put some plugins back in before posting that log.txt. I did of course try it with a clean sheet first and it crashed the same way.  The only plugins I put in was Avitab, Fly with Lua and Skunkcrafts updater. I tried late last night with no plugins and it worked so I took a short flight. I left the PC on all night because it took 6 hours to transfer my scenery back across via USB. This morning I tried loading with just Avitab and it’s working so i’m letting it run on a long flight. No idea why it’s working randomly, every time I make a change I test it.

Edited by AliceTBM

Yeah, again, not even a crash or a clean shut down.  It's like X-Plane is saying "Nah, I don't think so!"

Time to try to dig a little deeper.  I see scenery with ground traffic.  Can you remove all 3rd party scenery?  Even better would be to load up a clean X-Plane install with just the TBM, and no scenery, and then do a flight to see what happens.  This is purely to isolate the problem.  If it IS the scenery, it narrows it down for us, and we may be able to find something.  The reason I think it MAY be the scenery is the TBM uses a very complex terrain radar, and if there is a corrupt scenery tile that the terrain radar tries to read, it will likely crash.

I did run it with default scenery and no plugins. The result was the same, I just stupidly forgot to post the log.txt. It was literally a fresh windows install on a clean drive with a fresh copy of x-plane  on a clean drive with a fresh download of the TBM.

I'll get it removed again. Run the installer so it's standard scenery,  lose all the plugins and report back. 

This is the most bizarre problem I've seen on any add on.   Again, your log file doesn't even show a crash or shut down.  It just shows X-Plane quitting, without even a clean shut down.  It just stops.  Even when X-Plane is shut down properly, the log will state "X-Plane has shut down".

One thing I did notice is that you're now running 11.4 b3.  We don't really like working with beta's, but you did post logs from 11.36, so I can somewhat overlook that.

However, seeing as you were finally able to load it, I'm starting to strongly suspect this is hardware related.  It may sound a little out there, but are you able to download some software (your choice) to check your CPU and GPU temps?  
Also, it might be an idea to check your RAM.  The easiest method is to use Windows built in RAM checker.  Follow the steps here

Try those suggestions and post back.  Keep in mind, we're trying to eliminate possibilities, so I hope you don't mind going through some of these steps to help figure out what's going on.

Edited by Goran_M