No autopilot on TBM 900

Shane Boyett

Reviewed this and other forums, no luck. Xplane 11.36. 

No matter the position of the AP trim switch, cycling it before or during a flight, the AP will not engage. Aileron trim is also not working. HDR is on, I have deleted all of my airframes, started with a brand new one, deleted and reinstalled the entire aircraft, no luck.

I know how to operate the G1000 and I do get indications on what the plane is trying to do. The aileron trim makes me think there is a deeper problem. 

Please help! 

Edited by Shane Boyett

Before we get into what might be causing this, can I confirm you are turning the AP Trim switch ON (overhead panel) and then when wanting to engage the autopilot, you press the autopilot button on the AP panel.

In case all that is being done, do you, by any chance, have any kind of scripts, or do you have some kind of Saitek hardware with assignments that could be overriding the autopilot?  

This is usually the problem with certain systems not working.

Also, check that all X-Plane failures are set to off (ie. always working)

Hi, I don't have a great stick yet so no button mappings are in the way. Then only trim axis assigned is rudder. The standard G1000 AP works in all of my other planes with the same stick mapping. Failures are disabled, I have no interest in dealing with those yet, want a perfect plane every time I fly (for now), 

The AP trim switch on on (done both as part of the built in checklist and startup the tutorial). I also went through every subsystem to make "as new" as well as just creating a new airframe just in case the issue followed the plane.

I'm not sure about scripts, I don't think so. Again, everything works fine in every other plane following the same G1000 procedures. 

I'll install it in a fresh, virgin install of X-Plane 11.4b3, see if it magically starts working, and report back. 

If you have anything else to check or post let me know. 

Please remember, the G1000 included in the TBM is heavily customized, so it will work very closely to the real thing.  There are only a few things have been excluded from this one due to Laminar's limitations of the default G1000, which we used as a foundation.  

I have just tested this myself in 11.36, and everything is working as per normal.  Assuming the installation went without a hitch, I can safely say you are missing a step somewhere, either in the flight planning procedure or some other system.  In either case, please post back on how you go.