TBM 900 1.5 fps

ilankrt

On my iMac27 (32 Gb) TBM900 installed itself after a long time: 1. Framerate shows 1.5fps,    2. The left bar stays half visible. The result is that I can do nothing on screen .

I tried everything possible to find out what is the cause including cleaning my plugin folder, changing screen resolution, etc. but nothing works. If I am activating XP (11v.3.5r1) with any other aircraft model (and I have nearly 20 aircraft and airliner models) XP is working as usual, switching after then to TBM900 and same situation as described occurs again.

I installed TBM900 for new after making performance and comparatively test between the TBM900 and the airfoil King Air350. The result was clearly, although all parameters were nearly the same the King Air 350 opened with 34fps while the TBM (under exact same conditions) opened with 1.5 fps. Strange was the fact that the TBM scenery did fit the X-Plane scenery size. In addition, the right bar did not disappear completely and remained visible. (see image).

I am sending you some files:  XP log.txt,TBM log.txt and the files from output folder 

Here log.txt

Log copy.txt

TBM900_Log copy.txt

state copy.cfg

creds copy.cfg

365fd4ae8cd5f3123b6e400420f5a082_maintlog copy.csv

365fd4ae8cd5f3123b6e400420f5a082.airframe copy

Edited by ilankrt

15 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Maybe try setting your X-Plane resolution settings really low and in a windowed box instead of full screen just so you can see if you can get to the TBM900 preferences menu and set the icing effects to off.

I tried, but it don't work. Framerate went down to 0.8... so I cannot reach even X-Plane setting. Is it possible to take off any TBM file so I can get more framerate to try deselect icing?

9 minutes ago, Cameron said:

You tried putting your X-Plane settings down in a different aircraft first, THEN opening the TBM?

It's the side menu in the tbm you want. Not the upper X-Plane menus.

OK I did it and I got 40 fps. Now at the left side menu what is the name of the box I have to open?

• 1 month later...

Hello Cameron.  After 3 flights on my iMac27 with v..17 and after I downgraded my XP graphic parameters and disabled icing effect it happened again.

Inside framerate 27fps - outside 4fps !!! And then XP froze and I had to force quit X-Plane.  I installer v..19 (5 September 2019 at 23:52) but it didn't change anything, so I am again in a fix.

I don't know on what machine you are working but can you please try to test the TBM900 on a iMac? Since it runs fluently under Windows it must be something specific wrong with the Apple version. I was talking with 3 other iMac user and we all suffer from same results. (iMac27 Mojave v. 10.14.6 (18G95)) I deinstalled also al my plugins - same result. Deep iMac restart - nothing changed, every time going outside framerate sink to 3-4fps and then XP frees...

I hope to hear from you soon hopefully coming back with good news because I like very much to fly this bird.

Sincerely

Ilan

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like the GPU is running out of memory.

I get glitching of the propeller spinner in external view with icing present. It's fine the rest of the time. This is on PC/Windows 10 with a GTX1080 (not Ti).

I was told to update my graphics drivers, but I doubt very much that is the problem. Are we allowed multiple installs of the TBM? If so, I'll install it on my iMac 5K and test, but IIRC your symptom of a total lock-up is what happens when XP exhausts the video memory. I must hard reset the computer in this case.

Edited by EGT

EGT, thanks for answer!  First of all I am disappointed not to hear from Cameron since 11.10. Since then the TBM lies in the corner of my hangar useless.

I was watching carefully my video memory (AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB) and it was never overloaded also while using more complex airliner models and high resolution landscapes. I tend to think that the developer didn't test enough or into depth the functioning of the TBM model on iMac. There are more iMac user complaining about the same problem. Nevertheless it will be very interesting if you could tell me how the TBM behave on your Mac and what is your iMac configuration... (you can use the model on both systems legally ...)

Hello Cameron, I am still straggling with the fps problem trying to use the TBM900 model.  Trying to disable Ice worked only once! Yesterday I simply took out the "De-Ice_Panel" folder from Objects/Instrument folder. There was a warning about the missing folder but the TBM model run at 36fps and I could made a normal flight. Only a part of the lower panel overlay was missing with scription of the knobs. Opening X-Plane/TBM  again and the problem was there again 1fps !!