Image quality of the Garmin displays

netwalker

An improvement suggestion from me regarding the image quality of the Garmin 1000 displays. On the MFD, the texts are sometimes difficult to read (e.g. altitude numbers in flight plans), which is obviously a graphic resolution problem.
I have a UHD monitor (2560 x 1440) and on my other planes the fonts are clear and easy to read.
For illustration purposes I enclose a screenshot with very good image quality.

D62 Garmin.jpg

The resolution depends on the resolution of a file called "Panel.png".  When we were in the middle of making the TBM, we were limited to a 2K texture on which we could draw the TBM displays.  X-Plane is now able to use a 4K texture resolution (as of 11.30), which makes displays clearer.  We will likely revisit this when Vulkan comes out.

• 1 year later...

Hi Goran - Now that 11.51 and Vulkan are finally out, hope you can revisit this.   In v.1.1.13, the altitude numbers seem OK, but I'm still always turning TOPO off to increase map contrast in order to see the FPL route easily.  Ownship symbol on safetaxi is also difficult to see....  Hope it is possible to fix this soon...!