Copy G1000 to other computer screens

bonaventure

Is it possible to disengage the G1000 and have a duplicate copy on a different screen, similar to the Cessna 172 G1000 that comes with X-plane? I'm considering purchasing this plane and this would be a nice feature for me. I also use the SIMiONIC iPad G1000 apps for the 172 and it works quite well. To my knowledge the SIMiONIC apps are not compatible with the TBM 900, at least not built-in. REALSIMGEAR sells a dedicated unit with LCD displays and bezels, but its over $2000. Even so, its stunning, and probably a lot of fun with this plane. Anyway, I'm hoping one of the owners of this aircraft can tell me if the G1000 can be moved to a different screen. 

Edited by bonaventure

39 minutes ago, bonaventure said:

Is it possible to disengage the G1000 and have a duplicate copy on a different screen, similar to the Cessna 172 G1000 that comes with X-plane? I'm considering purchasing this plane and this would be a nice feature for me. I also use the SIMiONIC iPad G1000 apps for the 172 and it works quite well. To my knowledge the SIMiONIC apps are not compatible with the TBM 900, at least not built-in. REALSIMGEAR sells a dedicated unit with LCD displays and bezels, but its over $2000. Even so, its stunning, and probably a lot of fun with this plane. Anyway, I'm hoping one of the owners of this aircraft can tell me if the G1000 can be moved to a different screen. 

Yes you can... have a look at the cockpit_builder.cfg file in the root folder of the TBM900. It's all explained within this file.

5 minutes ago, jbucholz said:

Realsimgear G1000 (sirrus perspective) with the TBM. You need a seperate HDMI port for each screen. I use a triple display splitter on one video card for the main display and the G1000 screens on a second video card.  Highly recommend this kit!

Wow, that's cool! And proof positive that it can be done. Thanks for sharing. 

2 hours ago, bonaventure said:

@jbucholz REALSIMGEAR also sells one for the TBM, with audio panel. Expensive, but seeing your setup makes me want it. 

Yes, unfortunately they made that kit after I had already purchased my sirrus perspective package. I bought it specifically for the TBM so I was very sad when I saw that. Either way, Im still happy with my purchase. What you can't see in this picture is the GCU keyboard, autopilot module, and audio panel. Those were sent to me after this picture was taken. Realsimgear was nice enough to send me the screens because the other components weren't ready yet. 

The neat thing about this kit is it can work with any aircraft in x-plane that uses the default G1000. I use it in the C172, DA40, DA62, M20, and Quest Kodiak. I also use it with the Citation Mustang with a work-around for the MFD. 

Edit: I just realized I have a photo of all of the components with the TBM. 

JPEG_20190707_135636.jpg

Edited by jbucholz

@jbucholz Cool setup! Does using tri display splitter instead of connecting monitors directly to graphics card make a difference in terms of performance? I am looking for triple monitor solutions. It would be great help, if you can give more details about the splitter, setup, and configuration. Anything I should be aware of.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, 0zz said:

@jbucholz Cool setup! Does using tri display splitter instead of connecting monitors directly to graphics card make a difference in terms of performance? I am looking for triple monitor solutions. It would be great help, if you can give more details about the splitter, setup, and configuration. Anything I should be aware of.

Thanks,

Yes, you will see a performance impact and will need to make sacrifices. I don't recall what my exact settings are in x-plane.  Here's my system setup:

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz, 32 Gigs of ram at 3200 MHz, 2x GTX 1080, 1000w PSU, and x-plane is run on a seperate 1 TB SSD away from the windows SSD.

I run 3 Scepter 27“ curved LED monitors along with a SIIG DP 3 HDMI port display hub. Even though I have plenty of ports on both cards to run all 5 screens on their own, I found it impossible. I need to do some more research into this but just haven't had the time. For some reason when I ran all 5 screens independently on their own port, Windows 10 would only recognize 4 of them, the 5th would remain blank. Once I swithced to using the 3 primary displays on the hub, everything worked fine and windows recognized all 5.

When flying in clear weather, I get on average 32 FPS in the TBM. As soon as clouds/shadows are introduced, I take a performance hit. This is of course expected and I decided to accept low FPS for great visuals during storms. When major clouds are present, I can get as low as 16 FPS. 

One thing I had to do to help improve my overall performance was to completely get rid of my OrthoXP library and go back to default XP textures/mesh. Once I did that I gained about 5 - 10 FPS. This actually worked out for the better because Ortho was causing elevation issues at many of the small fields I was flying to. 

Eventually the plan is to upgrade the graphics cards to at least 2x RTX 2080, but that is a big expense. My next addition will be a DOF Reality motion platform but I'm still doing research on that before purchasing. 

Edited by jbucholz

• 7 months later...
On 29/8/2019 at 17:32, jbucholz said:

Realsimgear G1000 (perspectiva sirrus) con el TBM. Necesita un puerto HDMI separado para cada pantalla. Utilizo un divisor de pantalla triple en una tarjeta de video para la pantalla principal y las pantallas G1000 en una segunda tarjeta de video. ¡Recomiendo altamente este kit!

20190627_191313.jpg

Hello, it is impressive, but how do you make the PFD work on a second monitor?  When I have the PFD on my second monitor the panel freezes, no button works.

Is there a way for the bezel to work on my second monitor?