crash bar issue

swuphoto1

I have this aircraft for a while, for the first time I can't start the engine as the crash bar won't stay up.  I have looked at documentation as well as x-plane 11 forum, I couldn't find a single answer for people how had a similar issue before.  Things I tried: check/replace parts in maintenance mode, create a new airframe, restart x-plane, etc.  Thanks in advance.

On 28/8/2019 at 1:19, swuphoto1 said:

Tengo este avión por un tiempo, por primera vez no puedo encender el motor ya que la barra de choque no se mantendrá levantada. He mirado la documentación, así como el foro x-plane 11, no pude encontrar una sola respuesta para las personas que tenían un problema similar antes. Cosas que probé: verificar / reemplazar piezas en modo de mantenimiento, crear una nueva célula, reiniciar x-plane, etc. Gracias de antemano.

I had the same problem, I uninstalled the product and when I installed it again my id was blocked ... since then I cannot enjoy my products purchased at x.aviation

6 hours ago, Jota said:

I had the same problem, I uninstalled the product and when I installed it again my id was blocked ... since then I cannot enjoy my products purchased at x.aviation

Jota, I took a lot of time out and tried to help you in Facebook.  If you are going to make these kinds of posts, in gigantic text, with false accusations and lies, at least be a man about it and have the courtesy to admit that you blocked YOURSELF out of your own product, after at least 3 messages came up telling you it would be locked forever if you continued.  I already told you that a hardware change or a large Windows update would likely give you the opportunity to activate a new machine.  YOU are in control of YOUR OWN activations.  Not X-Aviation.  This is what people were screaming for when activations used to be handled by X-Aviation.  
For those of you curious about what Jota is ranting about, he de-activated his own products, after disregarding the messages that came up warning him that if he continues with the process, his products will be locked.  For clarification, here is the video explaining how the activation system works.  At 3:05 is where Jota went wrong.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Upvote 1

@Goran_M I'm a relatively new X-Aviation customer - started when the TBM was released then SMP & RWC shortly after - and I must say I find the "new" activation system very easy to "live with".  Frankly I don't remember naming my computer in the original download of the TBM but then I'm almost 73 so that's to be expected :rolleyes:.  I have given the activation system a bit of thought after watching the video (thanks by the way) and can see scenarios where a user might want to re-authorize a computer.  Perhaps the new rig went South for a bit and the user might want to use the old rig in the meantime - just one example.  I think LR would allow this as long as it was just one program in use on one computer - not sure as I've never attempted this but I do have two desktops in my office, the new build and the old HP.  I can also see a scenario where a user could possibly not fully understand what the end result of the de-authorization process might be.  Having said all that, I believe there should be severe penalties for software pirates but I don't see that happening (unfortunately).

• Like 1

Thanks @oldflyguy.  Just a couple of things.  When you first install an add on, you are asked for your account details (email and password).  That is your first activation.  So no need to worry about a 4th PC yet.  You are allowed 3 of those.  It's just a number we thought was acceptable to our customers (2 PC's and a laptop for travelling is an example).  When a 4th PC is getting activated, this is when things go past what is allowed, so another PC must be de-activated permanently.  This is for our own protection, and yours.  An example is you sell your PC, unaware your X-Aviation products are still on that PC.  If someone tries to run one of your add ons, on a PC they bought from you, then it's you who will be questioned.  The way we have it set up now is great for you to de-activate your old PC, remotely, should you remember and think "Oh damn...I left my old copy of the TBM on the PC I sold."
Then all you need to do is go into X-Plane, find the PC you want to de-activate, and go through the steps.  Now you're safe.  Re-authorizing a computer, after de-authorizing it could leave gaps open for people who want to share their add ons so their friends could test them to see if they like them.  This goes against X-Aviations EULA.  This is why the activation system makes it very clear the user needs to type FREEZE in upper case letters, and then asks for a final click to confirm they want to de-authorize.  And, as always, if people are not sure what to do, they can contact support or ask us directly and we'll be happy to help out.

Thanks Goran for explaining in such detail! Not that I ever needed it up to now, but I had a window coming up asking me to name this pc, which I didn't understand at that time why it wants me to do so. 

Now is there a place somewhere where I can look up how much activations I used and which machine names I chose? 

EDIT: Goran (the man offering the fastest and best support ever) just gave me a hint via discord that the answer to my question is in the video, which I obviously didn't watch before posting. Shame on me! :rolleyes: ;)

Edited by RobW05

12 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Jota, me tomé mucho tiempo y traté de ayudarte en Facebook. Si va a hacer este tipo de publicaciones, en texto gigantesco, con falsas acusaciones y mentiras, al menos sea un hombre al respecto y tenga la cortesía de admitir que se bloqueó USTED MISMO de su propio producto, después de que llegaron al menos 3 mensajes diciendo que estaría cerrado para siempre si continuabas. Ya te dije que un cambio de hardware o una gran actualización de Windows probablemente te daría la oportunidad de activar una nueva máquina. USTED tiene el control de SUS PROPIAS activaciones. No es X-Aviation. Esto es lo que la gente gritaba cuando las activaciones solían ser manejadas por X-Aviation.  
Para aquellos de ustedes que tienen curiosidad acerca de lo que Jota está despotricando, desactivó sus propios productos, después de ignorar los mensajes que aparecieron advirtiéndole que si continúa con el proceso, sus productos serán bloqueados. Para aclarar, aquí está el video que explica cómo funciona el sistema de activación. A las 3:05 es donde Jota salió mal.

First of all, I have to say that I am not making any false accusations at any time, I am only saying that following the problem of the electric bar, I uninstalled the product, and when reinstalling my id was blocked. It does not matter if it was me, or it was my pc that blocked my account, what really matters is that users with this problem have no solution to use their products, as I said in private, I never got the message warning that my account it would be blocked, I want to apologize if my texts appear giant, because I use a translator and maybe that's it. I would like to leave a message to users: Tbm 900 is for me the best plane I had on xplane, do not hesitate to buy it, but be very careful with the activation system, watch the video with the instructions and do it well or your error could be irreversible. Again I want to thank you for your interest and time spent helping me, I am really grateful and at no time my intention has been to rant. I repeat, I am very grateful for your interest and I apologize if I caused any inconvenience.

@Jota Please, just be patient.  I can understand your frustration, but as I mentioned, when you upgrade your hardware, you will get your products back.  If you are ever confused about anything to do with your add ons, we're all always around to help.  It's part of what we do.  If not us, there is a whole community who, as I have seen in the past, are willing to help also.  

@oldflyguy If you have any confusion, you can always come back here or contact support, and we're more than happy to help.

@RobW05 Glad to know it all makes sense...and thank you for the compliment!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...