Keystroke for Air and GPU?

Need-To-Know

Hey guys, before I spend too much time trying to track down a Dat or something I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried creating a keystroke for connecting the GPU and air...and cargo doors for good measure? :unsure:

Is it even possible? Anyone have the Dataref or method I can add it w/ maybe .. it has been a while since I tried this if you can't tell already.

I want to create a keystroke so I can map it to my voice software.

Thanks fellow Captains

• 1 year later...

;-) well. 

Is there a chance to solve this problem on your own with the help of dataref and lua script ???
I use VR and would prefer to do this without taking my VR helmet off  ;-)

I managed to get the external power animation to appear (or disappear) and the "GRD POWER AVAILABLE" light in the cockpit to appear, but the switch (PWR ON/OFF) does not activate the power :-(

Edited by Bulva

Hmm, I am not an expert on how those variables work, but it seems strange to me that the blue GRD PWR AVAIL" lights up but the switch doesn´t work...

I agree that it would be nice to be able to access this - and other options - in VR as well.

The workaround I would suggest for now is to simply use the APU. There are no noise restrictions while flying in X-Plane ;) and it can do everything that a GPU and ground air can do as well.

I have placed the request for a programmable button/key into our list of enhancements again - it will probably be a quick addition, but I can not say when the next update will be available :mellow:.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hmm, I am not an expert on how those variables work, but it seems strange to me that the blue GRD PWR AVAIL" lights up but the switch doesn´t work...

The switch works, but does not connect the power   ;-)
There has to be some other variable (which I can't locate) that provides the current.
Thank you very much for your help and I am counting on an update taking this into account.
Have a nice day  ;-)

• Like 1