Rain only visible on default setting

sho69607

I see you also changed the setting for "Sync precipitation with Real Weather Connector." This has the effect of only drawing rain when you are directly underneath an individual rain cloud. So, it may be that your plane is underneath a gap in the clouds, and that's the setting that actually affected things.

• 2 weeks later...

Clouds and real weather are great in SkyMax Pro but I have a similar issue with rain.  My view of rain depends on where and when I look for it and it is rarely displayed appropriately.

Picture 1 below is how I expected to see streaking rain when looking out the side window.

Picture 2 below shows no rain at all when looking at the plane from outside.

Picture 3 below shows rain streaking straight down instead of coming at me even though the plane was moving forward at 105 knots at 1,000 ft. above the ground.  The rain should have been streaking towards the windshield.

I have a relatively good computer.  CPU: Intel i9-9900K at 3.60Hz, Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti, 32Gb Ram, Windows 10 64bit.

I am running X-Plane 11.35 with SkyMaxx Pro v4.8.2, FS Global Real Weather, and Real Weather Connector.

Any ideas why rain is poorly displayed?

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Edited by dvanwig
Adding pictures of rain