icing effects

ebbsy1

hi still getting no icing effects on window screen. i`m under the impression that wind shield and icing are the same check box in settings. i get the rain effect but have not had icing effects work since i bought the plane back on version 1.6 just cant get icing to work.any body else have this issue.done many flights now in the tbm in all conditions and i have never used the anti ice system on the plane has it does not seem to simulate icing.

• 4 weeks later...

The icing will appear on all of the flight surfaces. You have to be in the moist air and below freezing of course. It's not instant. It builds just like the real thing, I've been flying sims and real planes for decades. The TBM models ice better than anything I'v flown. What I did was look online for nasty weather using this https://www.aviationweather.gov/icing  then fly in it. Just leave autopilot on and set the throttle. Don't touch the throttle, stay in level flight. Once the airplane slows down or you noticed the trim moving more and more to maintain altitude and speed, then ice is building. peak out and look at the leading edges of the wings, stab and rudder. then turn on the anti ice and watch the ice blow off. Enjoy!

Hard to say from the picture. The frame around the windshield seems to be iced, but the glass itself? Could be rain. 

However, I know that Toto mentioned windshield icing should still work if you have set visual effects to low in the TBM menu. Maybe that's why it's working for you. 

Low is not an option for me though. :D