Wrong Dest Alt in FMS LTE

Jarek1983

Hello!

During my last flight I got wrong altitude for the destination field for FMS LTE (shown on the screeshot 355ft for UU14). My destination was U14 in Utah with field elevation of a tad over 5000ft. Something wrong with my flight plan or a database issue?

Seems like a database issue, hence the wrong code for the destination aiport and the field was not visible on the synthetic vision. Thanks for your thoughts!  

Best,

Jarek

TBM900 - 2019-08-06 21.28.56.png

14 minutes ago, rjb4000 said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm curious how you got your Nav 2 standby frequency to be 0.00! 

I have no idea :) I bought this module a couple of days ago and I guess I did not use nav 2 yet and it must have been 0.00 out of the box :)

• 2 months later...

There are some bugs with the G1000. I'm not sure HotStart's or LR's.

For example, if you enter "KJFK" it should only enter 4 characters, but the display shows "KJFKA" and tries to search waypoints, not airports. This is a bug.

I've also found it necessary to clear the flight plan, enter the route, then tell it to use the FMS for pressurization schedule before it shows the correct destination and elevation. I think it should do this as soon as the destination is selected.

Edited by EGT