White out conditions/cloud layer issue at night

sho69607

Just tried a night scene here and I'm not seeing that. It sounds like an issue that we fixed in SMP 4.8; what version are you running?

If you are on the latest, I'll need some more details. Anything you can remember about the cloud layers that were present (is there ground fog?) would be helpful, as would be knowing your settings for the overcast textures.

This is running 4.8.2. Interestingly enough, if I disable SMP, the issue remains. So this may be an x-plane problem itself but I am not sure. No ground fog, cloud textures are the same ones that ship with the addon. I attached my most recent log file if that is any help.

Log.txt

Edited by sho69607

If it's happening with SMP disabled, then I don't think it's us. More likely it's an X-Plane issue, or something related to your other add-ons. I see in your log something about a "WhiteoutInClouds" script and a "FourSeasons" script, both of which might be trying to redraw the terrain and causing this somehow. It's possible the issue has to do with your custom scenery as well.

Probably best to just disable everything as a test to see if that fixes it. If so, start  enabling things until you identify the culprit.