Unlocking throttle to use beta range

glroig@hotmail.com

Hi, 

I am using a PfC cirrus II console which brings its  throttle. It's USB plugged, not serial port. 

I have read the forums and have seen that to unlock the beta range I should assign a keyboard button for the thrust reversers. 

I have assigned it but it won't unlock. I'm not sure of issue, but could it be the console? 

Can anyone help with this issue? 

Thnx

G

Hi G,

Nice gear! I have a USB PFC Throttle Quadrant Console which is similar & don't have an issue.

I also have Spad.neXt so I can assign two different keyboard buttons to the TOGA switch. Short press for TOGA & a long press for the Taxi/Reverse thrust command (Thrust Reverse Toggle). I also move my throttle past the reverse indent at the same time so not sure if that helps also (not in the sim at the moment). I'm using the Turbo Prop throttle set with the TBM to give me the reverse gate.

Edited by Rossco

My understanding is that holding down the button is like holding the unlock lever. If you press the button then move your power lever it’s like releasing the unlock lever then trying to get into the locked taxi range. 

Give holding down the button then moving the power lever into taxi range a try!

Rob hi, 

My power axis assignment is control by an program called PfC hardware calibration. I don't calibrate thru xplane11. 

So as to assign a keyboard I went to settings, then keyboard tab and selected engines and then thrust reverse and finally toggle thrust reversers#1. And proceeded to assign a key. Which you see in picture. 

Rob I am not a technical person. I am trying to explain as detailed as possible the steps I have taken. 

Again thank you for trying to help. 

G

20190729_101914.thumb.jpg.307cec756db5499f023ec1b7e0350629.jpg