qausbah

3 hours ago, jeff64 said:

Err I will maybe say a huge BS, but....

Isn't it normal the amps decrease ?

I'm not very good when it comes to physics, but, as far as I understand it :

Batt Amps : Level of power introduced in the battery to reload it

Gen Amps : Charge on the generator

Batt Volt : Battery level

If you started using GPU, your battery has not been used. So it is normal, when disconnecting your GPU, Amps are low, because there is no need to recharge it.

If you started on battery, your battery has been affected, especially by the start.

So voltage will be low, and Amps will be high, cause :

- the battery will be receiving lot of power to get recharged

- the generator will need to produce lot of power to recharge the battery

After a few seconds / minutes, battery will be reloaded, so amps will decrease.

If I remember correctly, main generator load needs to be below 80 to test Stby gen, and below 50 for takeoff.

If a generator does not kick in correctly, you can reset it via the little buttons on the left side of the main switches.

Correct me if I'm wrong on something.

Yes, this does make sense and doesn’t sound like BS, at all, so don’t discredit yourself. This could very well be the solution. But, yeah, I’m no electrician either. So the main generator amps would be low if no battery charge, but high if the battery was charging, and then drop once the battery was charged, ok.

Hmmm..well for now I will fly the plane and see how it behaves and perhaps nothing is wrong and what the amps are reading is normal and your solution is correct. Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, RobW05 said:

I too would say that the main gen load to decrease after startup is totally fine and to be expected. A constant high main gen load would be something to worry about. 

Yes, ok, that does make sense and could very well be what had me confused. Dang, wish I had figured that out, but I lack such knowledge on electricity. Thanks for your help. 

18 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

If that's the case, then I totally misunderstood the question.  

I don’t believe you misunderstood the question. I believe you just took a different approach to trying to find a solution when perhaps it wasn’t as deep rooted as it appeared, but it could very well have been, and who knows, may still be. Rather it was myself and my lack of understanding how the electrical system on the plane works, or just in general. As stated, I’m no electrician. 

For now I’ll fly the plane given Jeff’s advice, since it does make sense. 

Anyway, Goran, you should receive a medal for your dilligent input, or maybe sleep, instead.  Thanks. 

I took the aircraft on a flight of 248nm from Tsay Keh airport to Quesnel airport in Canada, and it behaved normally.  Checked the maintenance manager after shutdown and everything was green. Thanks to all who donated their help. 

I have to say this is a very impressive aircraft with all of its features.  Well done for all of those individuals who worked on it. It was neat when I got an announcement that my VNAV was soon to engage, not too mention it functioned quite well, when it did. The synthetic vision is really cool, as well.  Bravo.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qausbah said:

. It was neat when I got an announcement that my VNAV was soon to engage

It's exactly all the little things like this which make this model so enjoyable. In the forums many call it the best GA plane ever made for a simulator. (for good reason)