FS Global Weather / weather.txt file

cchiozza

Just bought FSGW and the instruction say to use .rwx file in the XP weather setup. When I select that it ask for a file location. I do not know where the file is? I also need to know where the weather.txt file (current weather) is so I can get PFPX and EFB to pick it up. Any ideas? I search but nothing.

Just set up the weather to manually and select CAVOK. Than start your flight, open FSGRW and transfer the weather to X-Plane. FSGRW will now take care of it. It will select the correct weather mode and automatically reload the weather, to render to loaded weather information. 

Setting the wx to manually and CAVOK at first is just to see the loaded changes, once FSGRW injects the weather data. Actually it is unimportant, as FSGRW changes the stuff for you during weather injection.

You just need to configure the weather mode within X-Plane, if FSGRW fails to set it by itself. The metar.rwx file is located inside the X-Plane root directory.

Edited by Jakob Ludwig

Thank You, I wish FSGW would have just said that. Very confusing manual when it comes to the basic stuff. Any idea on where to point PFPX to grab the weather? I looked in the \data directory but did not see the .txt weather file. Again, thank you.

Edited by cchiozza

7 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Thank You, I wish FSGW would have just said that. Very confusing manual when it comes to the basic stuff. Any idea on where to point PFPX to grab the weather? I looked in the \data directory but did not see the .txt weather file. Again, thank you.

Indeed. The manual is not covering the essentials very well.

And sorry, no clue of PFPX.