Autopilot not capturing ALT

GordonH85

Had several instances of this recently.
Programmed FL270 then climbed to around FL250 in FLC mode @ 170 knots. Then the final 2000feet or so in VS mode at +600fpm - autopilot reached FL270 but continued to climb an extra 500 feet or so before levelling off - please see pics.

And, when trying to correct it I selected FL260 and descend in VS mode @ -1000fpm yet the aircraft pitches up and begins to climb at approx +1700fpm?!?!?

TBM900 - 2019-07-06 12.19.44.png

TBM900 - 2019-07-06 12.23.31.png

TBM900 - 2019-07-06 12.25.35.png

Edited by GordonH85

Active Sky XP and Ultra weather XP are the only other plugins/scripts running during the flight in the screenshots above.

I did suspect it could be a maintenance issue or glitch, so I created a fresh airframe for the flight shown in the pics above.

For what its worth; the only other aircraft I've experienced something similar on is the newly released Cessna Citation Mustang from RWDesigns - both that and the TBM use the XP G1000...could there be an issue with the G1000 itself?

For clarity, I've also done several flights in the Aerobask Epic E1000 and default C172SP G1000 and I cannot replicate the ALT capture fault in those aircraft.

Edited by GordonH85

Can you try removing your state folder files, then restart the sim with the TBM? (X-Plane 11/Output/TBM900/state)

Do not delete them.  Just move them somewhere temporary.  When you reload the TBM, the files will be rebuilt.  

Test again and please post back.