Fuel range ring ?

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, EGT said:

Why is it "off"? I thought it was supposed to be centered on aircraft position, and based on current vertical speed, ground speed, and altitude?

Are Laminar fixing this?

The "why" I don't know, but just to explain what I meant with "off":

1. It shows a false range. -> That is something Toto has been working on, so it's a TBM "bug" and will have to be fixed by Hotstart. 

2. The ring sometimes does not center correctly. -> That seems to be a Laminar bug, but I have no idea if they are working on a fix. If you can reproduce it best would be to file a bug report with Laminar. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, RobW05 said:

You can file bugs here:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Be aware that a non-centered range ring might not be a bug per se. In the real G1000 the ring also includes wind information and I think that is also modelled in the xplane G1000. 

Definitively a bug it is when the ring is totally misplaced. 

The non-centered ring is correct; as you mentioned it obviously takes the wind into account. Look at my screenshot; I have about 90kts of tailwind from the west - so flying downwind of course gives me a much greater range.

EDIT: I didn't test if the G1000 is capable of showing the "gliding range" in case of engine failure...that would be quite cool; has anyone tried this yet?

fuel_range.png

Edited by flexxAir