Icing Effects

brettnicholls

Hi I was flying at 12000 feet, through cloud and rain, at -13, and no ice forming anywhere. I checked the TBM plugin and made sure the Rain and Ice effects are turned on. I remember earlier in the piece that this worked but not so much now. Are there any other settings I’ve missed because I have not changed anything, at least not I would remember. Thanks in advance..

Assuming you have current GPU drivers installed, including OpenGL drivers, the code for the icing does what X-Plane tells it to do.  If X-Plane says "add ice to the wings", the ice will start forming.  In your case, the conditions, for whatever reason, simply weren't there.  I know it seems like ice SHOULD have formed, but this comes down to the sim.

Post your log.txt file, just for curiosities sake so I can see what's happening.

Then I'll put it down to X-Plane.  The best way you can tell, turn off all anti ice when you get the same conditions, and wait for the plane to stall.  The weather and ice will affect the flight model to the point you will crash if ice is present.  In this case, the ice SHOULD be visible on the airfoils.