SkyMaxx Pro v4.8.2 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 4.8.1 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v4 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v4 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 4.8.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro v4 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Improved the appearance of cumulus congestus, cumulonimbus, and towering cumulus clouds (much less of a stacked / layered appearance to these clouds)

As always, thanks for purchasing from X-Aviation!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Excellent update! The mixture of cloud types and shapes at every level looks amazing. Lots Less “RolleyPolleys” too (cloud rotation with head movement).
This time I’ve used it with ASXP tho I’m not sure if there’s a difference between it and FSGRW. I’ll just switch here and there and enjoy both [emoji6] Nevertheless, ASXP seems to work well with SMP.
Thanks for your commitment and work on SMP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent update! The mixture of cloud types and shapes at every level looks amazing. Lots Less “RolleyPolleys” too (cloud rotation with head movement).
This time I’ve used it with ASXP tho I’m not sure if there’s a difference between it and FSGRW. I’ll just switch here and there and enjoy both [emoji6] Nevertheless, ASXP seems to work well with SMP.
Thanks for your commitment and work on SMP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSGRW will always provide much better cloud representation when necessary compared to ASXP if SkyMaxx Pro is in use. This is because of a cooperation between the developers to add more features when the RWC+SMP+FSGRW combo is used.
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Cameron said:

FSGRW will always provide much better cloud representation when necessary compared to ASXP if SkyMaxx Pro is in use. This is because of a cooperation between the developers to add more features when the RWC+SMP+FSGRW combo is used.

I think I can vouch for that.  I purchased FSGRW earlier this evening and after a bit of confusion over what version I received, I believe I got it work and may I say i am rather impressed how the weather (as it was being injected), faded in, instead of popping in, as I was used to before.  I don't say this often, but I am very impressed so far with the performance.  unfortunately, my evening is coming to a close and I still need to grab the update to SMP, but with running the previous version, the performance and visuals are awesome. :)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, shaved_ape said:

I think I can vouch for that.  I purchased FSGRW earlier this evening and after a bit of confusion over what version I received, I believe I got it work and may I say i am rather impressed how the weather (as it was being injected), faded in, instead of popping in, as I was used to before.  I don't say this often, but I am very impressed so far with the performance.  unfortunately, my evening is coming to a close and I still need to grab the update to SMP, but with running the previous version, the performance and visuals are awesome. :)

Bear in mind none of the new features in FSGRW with SMP will be displayed unless running v4. Sounds like you are on v3, so you will not see the full potential in this situation.

43 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Bear in mind none of the new features in FSGRW with SMP will be displayed unless running v4. Sounds like you are on v3, so you will not see the full potential in this situation.

Nope, I have v4 installed.  In fact, I bought v4 of SMP w/RWC back in February.  What I meant about upgrading, is the latest release, which I believe is 4.8?  As for FSGRW, one thing I noticed that might be worth mentioning, is that when FSGRW is purchased through X-Aviation, it does say that it works with X-Plane, but for some odd reason, Pilots' download file has P3Dv4 in its name and through the installer, if one isn't careful, might try to install FSUIPC, which is for P3D only.  Fortunately, I skipped that part of the installer, and finally did find the section about setting up the path for XP.  Once all that was done, it worked great, better than an old previous version I used to use back in the day, with P3D. :)

3 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Yes, it's for both P3D and X-Plane. PILOT'S makes the installer, not us.

Oh I know.  It just got a little confusing after I downloaded the file and started to run it, I had to go back to XA's website and make sure I hadn't inadvertently missed clicking something to make sure I was getting the XP version (even though I already knew XA doesn't sell P3D add-ons). lol  No worries, everything is cool and groovy, so now it'll be interesting to see how v4.8 of SMP changes the filed.  Already, I see a dramatic difference from what I was running before, without FSGRW and now.  It may sound silly, but the fade in effect of the weather being injected makes a huge difference, as opposed to how default XP with ASXP acted.  I know that the "pop-in" effect in flight sims has been a bone of contention with a lot of users over the years, so this functionality is something more of those users should see for themselves.  I knew at some point, some developer would come around and figure that out!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, toni11044 said:

Hello,please tell me, when using aspx , rwc in what position should be put?

Click on the checkbox for "FSGRW or external injector".  This option works for both FSGRW and ASXP, as I have both and get the metar injection very easily.

I'd like to add, as an FYI, if anyone is using ASXP and FSGRW, remove the folder (DON'T delete) for "ASXP Connect", as this may interfere with downloading and loading of METARs for FSGRW.  May sound paranoid, but to help ensure that users get the METAR injected properly, would be advisable to remove that folder.  Remember to put it back if using ASXP though. :)

I brought this up during a test I conducted a few days ago and noticed that after shutdown and viewing the log.txt file, there was an error that occured, pertaining to ASXP Connect.

Hi guys! 

Does anyone have experienced problems (and solved) with the installer (not only the SkyMaPro one, but also the Real Weather Connector one) on Mac OS new version?

Launching the installer, it doesn't do anything. I also gave full disk access to those installers, but nothing happens.. 

Thanks! :)

JP

Edited by JP-FL

Just dropping in to say thank you for SkyMaxx Pro. With FSGRW and Real Weather Connector, X-Plane weather looks amazing. Lots of competition out there, but I keep coming back to SkyMaxx because, IMO, it's simply the best all around. Also, thank you for supporting VR! 

Edited by RetiredBoom
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JP-FL said:

Hi Cameron, 

what do I have to do in order to receive support with the installer?

Thanks!

I think @Cameron was talking about FSGRW there and not SMP/RWC. X-Aviation makes the installer for those.

If you haven't already, please open up a support case at http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php so they can help you out.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic