Rain in VR only through left eye

1geek2many

Hi Goran, thanks for fast reply,

Sadly I can't post my log.txt cos it has quickly become over 300MB++ in size - I've used notepad++ to have a look and it seems to be showing many errors to do with TBM-related sounds. Re the VR I'm still not sure, but I think I might have bigger problems now! I've attached a screenshot of the log file showing the errors I'm talking about. Should I place it in my dropbox and send you a link so I don't have to upload here? I also attach my TBM log though in case that helps
Best

Chris

TBM900_Log.txt

Screenshot (60).png

I've been involved in X-Plane for over 10 years.  This is, easily, the longest log file I have ever seen.  Just looking at the beginning of where the TBM is being loaded, there is a lot going wrong with the sounds.  

As a first step, can you try re-installing the TBM, and then removing all plugins, except Gizmo, and then try again.

The VR/left eye bug was fixed for this latest version, and this is the first instance of a problem showing up in the latest update.  So it it is definitely something on your end.

Right - getting somewhere:

So I did as instructed - uninstalled and reinstalled TBM900, removed all plugins apart from Gizmo, and tried again.
The good news is the VR librain issue is now fixed (wow by the way - the raindrops look incredible).
Sadly the huge log files and sound errors persist - strange. These logs  are from a single boot and going to the ramp loading the TBM, then changed the weather to see the VR, then quit X-Plane.
Logs are attached:
Thanks for all your help, sorry to be a pain.

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

Tell me about it! They only grow like that when the TBM900 loaded...so weird. Still downloading  XP over Steam - taking ages!  

Incidentally what did the error on the .wav files mean? The .wav files are actually there but it looks like they can't be read for some reason. I think I have an idea what's happened but will hopefully confirm later. 

Again I'll update when I can

C

These are the plugins I have:

ASXPConnect

AviTab

DataRefEditor

FlyWithLuaNG

Projectfly

Ultra Weather XP

X-ATC Chatter

XSquawkbox

3jFPS

OVR settings

Navigraph SimLink

...and I turned off the sound injector from UWXP and I don't have any other sound software in Win10 running...

The good news is that the new install has fixed the log file problem. I think I know what the problem was but I don't know why it made a difference: Basically my old install of x-plane was on one SSD, and I used a symbolic link to enable me to have the Aircraft and Custom Scenery folders on a different drive. Up until now this hasn't been a problem. Having worked through everything else, I decided to stop doing that and install the new installation on the larger drive and therefore not use symbolic links - low and behold it's all working perfectly now - so it seems the TBM900 parser is sensitive to symbolic links? Maybe? 
Anyway, thanks for your help - new logs attached for your perusal - apart from some earth_nav data issues it's all working perfectly.
Oh and thank you for a stunning product too, and helpful support,
I'll update here if I can work out which plugin messed with the VR librain.

Best,
Chris

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

one last thing - turns out this was an error with the latest beta as well - the VR librain works in 11.34 with UWXP but doesn't work in the latest beta with UWXP running. so I downgraded to the stable branch for the moment. Hope this doesn't get missed in the RC.

Thanks again,

Chris

Edited by 1geek2many
Got xp version number wrong