Brothernicke

FPS drops to >1 when using the FMC in a flight

Like many others, i have problems with the aircrafts FMC. When entering SIDS and STARS, cost index, crz alltitude etc. Xplane freezes for 5-20 seconds. I could live with but the biggest issue is when making a directs or even changes (only after take off) in the aircraft FMC because my framerate litterallly goes down to 0.125fps or less!  I've read countless pages on this forum trying to fix the issue, many manages to fix the issue by either turning off windows defender or just make an exception. I have done that to both Windows defender and Malware Bytes. But it still doesn't work.

I've tried to follwing:
Make exceptions on Windows defender
Make exceptions on Malware bytes
Disable Windows Defender
Disable Windows Firewall 
Disable plugins
Update the navdata using Navigraph

I have a almost new computer. I5 9400F, GTX 1660TI and 16GB ram. Im also using Windows 10. Xplane (and the aircraft) is installed on an external hard drive, since the computer itself only has a 250gb SSD.
Im using Xplane 11 installed via Steam.

I've been super happy with the aircraft so far. It would probably be my favorite one if it weren't for these issues. Unfortunately, this aircraft is almost un-flayble for me because of this issue.

I'd appreciate any help,
Thanks!

I am sure that your problem is the external harddrive. The data transfer rates are too low on those, you can´t use an external harddrive to fly the IXEG.

Get an internal HDD, it does not have to be a SSD. Regular HDD´s are fast enough.

Cheers, Jan

I Jan,
I've just bought and installed a new internal hard drive. Im in the process of reinstalling Xplane, all sceneries and all addons right now. I will get back to you as soon as i've tested the IXEG on the new hard drive.
Thank you for your response!

- Liam

I've only been able to test it a little bit. But so far, IT WORKS!!

THANK YOU JAN YOU CRAZY OL' BASTARD!!! :D:D:D

Now i can hopefully be able to try this product to it's full potential!!

I can't thank you enough!!

- Liam