Moving / fliggering clouds in VR

IntrudR

Good afternoon

I just  bought SkyMaxx Pro together with RWC and have some really weired and disturbing cloud effects I didn`t have with FSGRW and default X-Plane Clouds before.

I am on Samsung Odyssey (Windows MR) VR headset.

This problem does not belong to all layers of clouds but I seem to have it with cumulus clouds (as much as I can say for now)

• clouds move when I move my head (headset camera)
  • They are fliggering and have some strange transparency effects hardly to describe
  • looking at the cloud is causing headage as they seem to move inside each other

EDIT:

I wanted to verify this before I post, but it is now a fact:

As soon as Skymaxx Pro is activated in the plugins section, a lot of cockpit textures also get transparent. Tested with Zibo and FF 757. I am on X-plane 11.34

EDIT 2:

it is not only that cockpit gets transparent, also other elements like the wings or braces (also on Laminar stock planes like the Baron).

Thanks in advance BR

Fabian

Edited by IntrudR

We've seen reports of cockpits going transparent, but so far I haven't been able to get it to happen here with the default aircraft I use. You might want to try disabling cloud shadows in SMP, as that's currently my best guess as to what might be causing it.

The upcoming 4.8.2 release should improve the rotation artifacts a bit. Choosing the "fast" or "soft" options for cumulus cloud art should help too.

18 hours ago, sundog said:

We've seen reports of cockpits going transparent, but so far I haven't been able to get it to happen here with the default aircraft I use. You might want to try disabling cloud shadows in SMP, as that's currently my best guess as to what might be causing it.

The upcoming 4.8.2 release should improve the rotation artifacts a bit. Choosing the "fast" or "soft" options for cumulus cloud art should help too.

Hi sundog

you are right, cloud shadows cause that problem. They don't work anyway, it makes no difference whether they are activated or not out of the upcoming problem with transparent textures. Could you investigate that please because that is an important feature of the software in my view. Cloud reflections on water also does not seem to work.

Choosing the "soft" option improved the artifacts, it is not perfect but a lot better.

Thanks in advance.

Cloud shadows do work, but they can be subtle in many conditions. Turning up the cloud shadow setting, or flying over water, can make them easier to see. But yes, I can confirm they do seem to be the source of the translucent cockpit in VR. In VR there is no distinction between the ground and the cockpit when we are doing our drawing, so getting cloud shadows to work in VR without that side effect may be tricky. But I'll try to get it working for our next release.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...