State of the Saab

Goran_M

Looking forward to this release and hoping for an eventual 340B update as well. Sounds like you really did go beyond my expectations with this project in simulating all of the SAAB systems.  Thanks for all the hard effort you guys put into this should be well worth the wait.  And is there any chance of getting a BEX livery?

Hmmm, If I have some spare time I'll see about it. Just saw they have a couple of A's. But between other Saab stuff and the DC-3 finding time to sleep is hard at the moment  :D.

If it doesn't make it into the release list, we'll have a paint kit distributed for you.

Speaking for myself, I will never use the default FMC that comes with X Plane in any of our products.  There are other developers that will and that it is entirely their choice. 

I decided to do the A variant (that came without an FMC) purely for that reason.  To make a fully functioning Saab FMC would add many months of development time to an already extended development.

I am definitely planning the B variant WITH properly modelled and coded FMC but that will not be until sometime next year. 

I'll be buying both as they become available.  I'm really glad that you are not using the XP (excuse for an) FMC.  I would much rather have none that that.

I have RealityXP's GNS 530.  Could you set up the sim so that this GPS will install easily to the virtual cockpit?

I'll be buying both as they become available.  I'm really glad that you are not using the XP (excuse for an) FMC.  I would much rather have none that that.

I have RealityXP's GNS 530.  Could you set up the sim so that this GPS will install easily to the virtual cockpit?

Won't be an easy thing to do.  It means adding another object with panel regions (if you wanted it as a 3D object as part of the cockpit).  I'll have a look at the Reality XP site and see what's involved. 

No promises though.