IXEG please, PLEASE give us a VNAV system!

This is probably the only plane I can fly in XP11 thanks to not only the systems realism but the fact it imitates the sounds and camera shaking so perfectly, not even PMDG or FSL could do this so you guys should be proud. When I got the plane for the first time after purchase I was disappointed that I bought more of a unfinished beta rather than a complete product: the exterior doors didn't open (which for me in the first time in 10 years of simming is the first for a payware), and the FMS was missing so much stuff that I could compare it to the vanilla FMS from XP11.

But what truly grunts me is that VNAV is not only not implemented (for descent) but that it's so buggy that every time I use it for descent it crashes my sim (XP 11.30). I really want to enjoy this plane; this is in fact one of 2 planes that I fly in XP11 this and the 737 Ultimate. But even the ultimate despite being freeware has a working VNAV system. Yes the FMS is not complete like that of other payware such as PMDG but that usually takes much time. The last update was more than a year ago and not a single thing no matter how minuscule has been added to this bird.

Honestly IXEG you guys should've kept this plane back a few more years and release it with ALL the features it's supposed to have. I honestly wouldn't mind waiting another few more years to have a complete simulation rather than an unfinished beta., not trying to come across as rude but I want to get my opinion out because I CARE and WANT this to be the greatest addon for not only XP11 but flight sim itself. You guys had a great idea but poorly executed it's schedule, this entire situation with the incomplete FMS reminds me of the 737 MAX grounding, it just wasn't ready yet.

Now yes I also do want a complete FMS in fact along with VNAV I want a complete FMS, because when the FMS is complete then the ENTIRE plane will be fully functional as it should be, I honestly don't care for the doors, it's all eye candy and 95% of the time is spent in the air anyways.

I hope Jan you and your team will take a look at this and give it some thought, I am aware you guys are planning an update but it's been a while and this plane needs a full FMC. If the update could come out this summer than great! I would start spending more time in XP11 rather than P4D even though the latter has more functionality. Please IXEG.... you have the potential to become the PMDG of X-Plane, use it!

Edited by Capt.Stanford
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/6/2019 at 1:00 AM, Capt.Stanford said:

This is probably the only plane I can fly in XP11 thanks to not only the systems realism but the fact it imitates the sounds and camera shaking so perfectly, not even PMDG or FSL could do this so you guys should be proud. When I got the plane for the first time after purchase I was disappointed that I bought more of a unfinished beta rather than a complete product: the exterior doors didn't open (which for me in the first time in 10 years of simming is the first for a payware), and the FMS was missing so much stuff that I could compare it to the vanilla FMS from XP11.

But what truly grunts me is that VNAV is not only not implemented (for descent) but that it's so buggy that every time I use it for descent it crashes my sim (XP 11.30). I really want to enjoy this plane; this is in fact one of 2 planes that I fly in XP11 this and the 737 Ultimate. But even the ultimate despite being freeware has a working VNAV system. Yes the FMS is not complete like that of other payware such as PMDG but that usually takes much time. The last update was more than a year ago and not a single thing no matter how minuscule has been added to this bird.

Honestly IXEG you guys should've kept this plane back a few more years and release it with ALL the features it's supposed to have. I honestly wouldn't mind waiting another few more years to have a complete simulation rather than an unfinished beta., not trying to come across as rude but I want to get my opinion out because I CARE and WANT this to be the greatest addon for not only XP11 but flight sim itself. You guys had a great idea but poorly executed it's schedule, this entire situation with the incomplete FMS reminds me of the 737 MAX grounding, it just wasn't ready yet.

Now yes I also do want a complete FMS in fact along with VNAV I want a complete FMS, because when the FMS is complete then the ENTIRE plane will be fully functional as it should be, I honestly don't care for the doors, it's all eye candy and 95% of the time is spent in the air anyways.

I hope Jan you and your team will take a look at this and give it some thought, I am aware you guys are planning an update but it's been a while and this plane needs a full FMC. If the update could come out this summer than great! I would start spending more time in XP11 rather than P4D even though the latter has more functionality. Please IXEG.... you have the potential to become the PMDG of X-Plane, use it!

Hello,

You are welcome to come down and fly the ixeg 733 in my sim that uses all real parts as you are not that far away.  As for VNAV, i had the privilege  of having a real 737 pilot over a few times and we shook down the VNAV issue.  Here is the reality, is it perfect, no ( neither is the real plane) is it usable, YES!  If you build a proper route and hand build a viable descent, thet makes sense for energy management. it works!   We flew a few LNAV VNAV flights and once we figured out what it needed, it accomplished it flawlessly.   The problem is 2 fold, hit or miss nav data and ixeg's method of interpreting that sometimes screwy data.  2nd is the very very complex calculations of drag, speed, weight, time, distance, etc isn't perfect and you have to help it out.   I mean come on, not to brag but if I can calculate in my head a manual VS descent that stays on profile, any of you can do it as well.  Just apply it to the descent in vnav by verifying waypoints and altitudes and airspeed required.   Any other words, by the smarter human and fly the plane and make it do what you know is correct.

Rob

• Upvote 1