Freezing the load of the X-Plane

jolmos

I have loaded version 4.8.1, freezing the load of the X-Plane. This problem happens to me since the last modifications of SkyMAXX.

The report of the log.txt file of the X-Plans, indicates: "This application has crashed because of the plugin: SkyMaxx Pro"

The system is protected by the "AVAST Internet Security" program. This program has the SkyMAXX incorporated as an operational exception.

If someone can help me, thank you very much.

Log.txt

I would start by un-installing and re-installing SkyMaxx Pro; it's acting as though perhaps a resource it needs is missing.

If that doesn't help, try a flight using a default aircraft - the other possibility is that the memory SMP needs has been used up, or corrupted. I haven't seen any similar reports of crashes with 4.8.1, nor were there any changes in 4.8.1 that I would expect to have the potential to cause a crash - so I think it's something along the lines of a corrupt installation.

11 hours ago, jolmos said:

The system is protected by the "AVAST Internet Security" program. This program has the SkyMAXX incorporated as an operational exception.

Possibly it helps if you create an exception for the complete X-Plane folder, this could also speed up things a bit and avoid future issues with other addons. 

• Like 1

The problem that I am referring to in this post is not new. I have expressed it by writing to X-Aviation.

My last report sent to X-Aviation was 09/05/2019, being registered as: Ticket # 0F9NS.

There, he expressed:

On 12/25/2018 I reported that there was a complete fall of the X-Plane as a result of your development: SkyMaxx. This was registered as: # K4CF6. No response from you.
On 01/14/2019, I made a reiteration of the previous one. This was registered as: # WMM3H. No response to date.
In both cases, version 4.7.3 was used.
On the day of the date, I downloaded version 4.7.3 again in the hope that the aforementioned problem would have been solved. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
I accompany you a copy of the Log.txt file of the X-Plane, in which the referred problem is verified.
I beg You sent me an answer about it.

In this regard I must admit an error on my part, I had to access this forum and examine it, in relation to the problem I mentioned.

Without prejudice to this, I have not received any response to this.

14 hours ago, sundog said:

I would start by un-installing and re-installing SkyMaxx Pro; it's acting as though perhaps a resource it needs is missing.

Since the problem appeared (December-2018), I have made repeated reinstallations, without it being solved.

14 hours ago, sundog said:

If that doesn't help, try a flight using a default aircraft - the other possibility is that the memory SMP needs has been used up, or corrupted. I haven't seen any similar reports of crashes with 4.8.1, nor were there any changes in 4.8.1 that I would expect to have the potential to cause a crash - so I think it's something along the lines of a corrupt installation.

It has been tested with flights with ships by default. Without result. I have never had memory problems with the SMP, nor is any corruption verified in this regard. I have uninstalled the SMP software numerous times, and re-painted it following the installation process foreseen by X-Aviation.

11 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

Possibly it helps if you create an exception for the complete X-Plane folder, this could also speed up things a bit and avoid future issues with other addons. 

In effect, the X-Plane is installed in a specific partition of the hard disk. The exception I am referring to includes the entire indicated partition.

inally, I have sent the log.txt file in which the problem that I am referring to is appreciated.
Thank you very much for your answers.
I hope to have saving news.
I am available to the developers to send them the information they need.

Well... did you try using SMP in a  fresh and clean X-Plane installation? As this seems to be an ongoing issue for you since 4.7.3 I would try to figure out where it comes from. If you have some time you could just download a second copy of X-Plane with the installer, you don't need any global scenery so it's just some few GB in size and try if SMP works in this situation (just test in KSEA or LOWI demo areas if no global scenery is installed). 

@FlyAgi's advice is sound. I would also try updating your video drivers - it's a long shot, but honestly I'm at a loss as to why this is happening to you. Unfortunately there isn't any useful information in your log to go on. When all else fails however, testing in a clean X-Plane installation is generally the way to go. Sorry for your frustration here; it's understandable. I can at least assure you that thousands of people are using SMP successfully, so it should be a solvable problem.

10 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

Well... did you try using SMP in a  fresh and clean X-Plane installation? As this seems to be an ongoing issue for you since 4.7.3 I would try to figure out where it comes from. If you have some time you could just download a second copy of X-Plane with the installer, you don't need any global scenery so it's just some few GB in size and try if SMP works in this situation (just test in KSEA or LOWI demo areas if no global scenery is installed). 

10 hours ago, sundog said:

@FlyAgi's advice is sound. I would also try updating your video drivers - it's a long shot, but honestly I'm at a loss as to why this is happening to you. Unfortunately there isn't any useful information in your log to go on. When all else fails however, testing in a clean X-Plane installation is generally the way to go. Sorry for your frustration here; it's understandable. I can at least assure you that thousands of people are using SMP successfully, so it should be a solvable problem.

In effect, I'm surprised by what happens. I have never had any problem with the SMP, quite the contrary. For me it is an excellent development. Well have a time for it, I will follow your suggestion. I'll keep you updated. Thank You so much.

Dear Friends.
I took a few days to perform the test you suggested, due to personal occupations and waiting for the reactivation of my passwords in X-Aviation, as a consequence of successive downloads of the Sky MAXX Pro software in the event of erroneous downloads. Procedure that of X-Activation that I share fully in protection of the abundant piracy.

Going properly to our topic, unfortunately, the situation remains the same: the X-Plane is frozen in its download process, as a result of the SMP plugin, in accordance with what the Log.txt file, which I accompany, reports.

The SMP load was made in an original version of X-Plane, without any addition and only updated to version 11.34.
In terms of scenario, only the default scenario for Europe was loaded, so that the LOWI airport could be loaded as they suggested.

I remain at your disposal, for any other proof I must do. I really do not understand what may be happening.

Log.txt

Thanks for taking the time to rule everything out there. I am just as puzzled as you are now.

Did you try updating your video drivers? That's about the only thing left that I can think of to explain this.

I also looked up your AMD R9 380 video card, and noticed that it comes in some variants with only 2GB of VRAM. That might not be enough to run both X-Plane and SMP. Do you know how much VRAM is on your video card?

Oh my good ...
By the way, thank you very much for your cooperation.
The configuration of my video card is the one that shows the image. I have not had any problems with SMP before; nor with any program, scenario or plane added to the X-Plane. What's more, I also do not have any FPS problems with the X-Plane.

The drivers of the video card are updated.

AMD 2.jpg

AMD.jpg

CPU.jpg

CPU 2.jpg

OK, so I think it's saying that you do indeed have a 2GB video card.

It may be that an X-Plane update, an increase in your monitor resolution or anti-aliasing settings, or something else caused X-Plane to start using a little bit more VRAM, and that didn't leave enough for SMP to work with. Laminar recommends 4GB or more for X-Plane 11.

Updating your video card would be money well spent, but failing that, there are some things you can try:

- Try lowering your monitor resolution, and disable any anti-aliasing your video driver may be set for.

- Assuming you can get to X-Plane's graphics settings, turn the quality down such that HDR is not enabled. Also disable any anti-aliasing for now.

- If at this point SMP will start up, disable any SMP features you don't need that consume more memory. Mainly, turn down the "cloud area" setting as far as you can tolerate, turn off cloud shadows, turn off cloud reflections, and set terrain blending to zero.

If that gets you up and running, you can start re-enabling the features most important to you until stability is impacted.

Edited by sundog
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sundog said:

OK, so I think it's saying that you do indeed have a 2GB video card.

It may be that an X-Plane update, an increase in your monitor resolution or anti-aliasing settings, or something else caused X-Plane to start using a little bit more VRAM, and that didn't leave enough for SMP to work with. Laminar recommends 4GB or more for X-Plane 11.

Updating your video card would be money well spent, but failing that, there are some things you can try:

- Try lowering your monitor resolution, and disable any anti-aliasing your video driver may be set for.

- Assuming you can get to X-Plane's graphics settings, turn the quality down such that HDR is not enabled. Also disable any anti-aliasing for now.

- If at this point SMP will start up, disable any SMP features you don't need that consume more memory. Mainly, turn down the "cloud area" setting as far as you can tolerate, turn off cloud shadows, turn off cloud reflections, and set terrain blending to zero.

If that gets you up and running, you can start re-enabling the features most important to you until stability is impacted.

Thank You so much.