Any Terramaxx News?

RetiredBoom

Thanks! The only thing I would wish for is a quicker transition between seasons, but that is NOT a big deal. It's worth the wait to me, but maybe there's a way to speed it up.

Some day maybe have snow falling and it will begin to accumulate on everything.....that would be cool down the road.

Maybe wet runways when it's raining, along with the reduced traction/hydroplaning effect. (has nothing to do with terrain.....just thinking out loud).

Anyway, I really like TerraMaxx. Just wanted to know if there were plans for growth as X-Plane continues to improve. Thank you for all your work.

Edited by RetiredBoom

I really like Terramaxx. It's simple and improves the scenery. I know Xplane has its limits but there's always room for improvement :):

• 100% compatibility with the TBM900. Really, somebody has to do it.
  • The bump mapping is nice, especially at dusk. But I would like it to be more subtle and better integrated with the tile.
    Eg. Depressed roads and heightened hedges.
  • Little less reddish in the fall (European falls are gray and muddy).
  • A bit milder winter, more gray and brownish tints. The current mild winter is a very deep winter and the deep winter is the next ice age.
  • Limit the repetition at high flight levels, without sacrificing the detail at low levels. Maybe by making use of the bump mapping at bit more.
  • An option to have high density forests. I have allpilots hd forest patch installs and I think Terramaxx is overriding it. The hd forests also suppress the repetition in
    areas such as Germany and Scandinavia.
  • Urbanmaxx TM is a hidden gem for IFR. Does it have bumpmapping? If not, it could really benefit from it.

17 hours ago, JohnMAXX said:

I've had a few things rolling around in this crazy brain of mine...

That sounds amazing. :-)

At first I think you should incorporate the pol files fix, you helped me on this some days after release and I think this would make things easier and more enjoyable for most users.

BTW, there are currently lots of airports being released supporting TerraMaxx seasons officially and I'm working on some more myself - This is gathering some momentum it seems and I will do my best to keep things rolling. Regarding this I hope you will not change the color appearance of the seasons drastically as all my color optimization for creating seamless integration of airports into the surrounding landclasses would have to be redone (I'm talking about 20+ sceneries and counting). 

Edited by FlyAgi

Regarding this I hope you will not change the color appearance of the seasons drastically as all my color optimization for creating seamless integration of airports into the surrounding landclasses would have to be redone (I'm talking about 20+ sceneries and counting). 

You're right. I forgot about that.
Nice sceneries btw.

• 2 months later...

Please consider an additional Fall setting for after the leaves have fallen. With the exception of evergreens, there should be plenty of bare trees. Of course, these bare trees can also be incorporated during winter. Just an idea to add to the realism. Thanks

Edited by RetiredBoom
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...