Still on ice skates.

JackSwyr

Hello, it's been a while since I posted or flew.  I have the latest version and the plane on taxiing acts like it's on slippery ice.  I even tried a LUA script called friction_fix.lua and it's still all over the place.  Does anyone else have this issue?  This is with all planes too but I mostly fly the TBM 900 and I read the latest update was supposed to fix this.  

Thanks,

Jack

13 hours ago, JackSwyr said:

Does anyone else have this issue?  This is with all planes too but I mostly fly the TBM 900 and I read the latest update was supposed to fix this.

If as you are saying "it happens with all planes" as well then I have to say you have so settings dealing with your control input settings in XP itself. The latest update to the TBM has tamed it quite nicely. 

Using the proper taxi techniques  and speeds the TBM handles like it's on rails now. I would suggest you also delete/remove that friction script you mentioned in your OP, then reset all of your response curves and set your other control sensitivity settings back to default. And start for there... Outside of tail daggers still being a bit challenging here and there. Ground handling in XP has become a lot better over the last couple of updates. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ChefRob said:

If as you are saying "it happens with all planes" as well then I have to say you have so settings dealing with your control input settings in XP itself. The latest update to the TBM has tamed it quite nicely. 

Using the proper taxi techniques  and speeds the TBM handles like it's on rails now. I would suggest you also delete/remove that friction script you mentioned in your OP, then reset all of your response curves and set your other control sensitivity settings back to default. And start for there... Outside of tail daggers still being a bit challenging here and there. Ground handling in XP has become a lot better over the last couple of updates. 

I’ll remove that script but I disabled it in sim and no change but I’ll delete it.

As for resetting all response curves, how do I do this?  I have never even seen these screen till just a few minutes ago.  

The only thing I can think of is a hardware calibration issue.  The feedback we've received on the steering for this latest update has been extremely positive with regards to the steering, so the fact you get this "ice skate" type of steering is a bit of a mystery.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

The only thing I can think of is a hardware calibration issue.  The feedback we've received on the steering for this latest update has been extremely positive with regards to the steering, so the fact you get this "ice skate" type of steering is a bit of a mystery.

After resetting and removing the LUA it’s working fine, for now but like I said it’s almost creepy, like the sim has a mind of its own.  But I like it much better now.  Thanks for all you guys’ help!

Jack

4 hours ago, JackSwyr said:

Ok, I quit XP, then removed the LUA script.  Ran XP and reset the pedals and it “seems” to be better.  It’s odd that the same settings from session to session change.  I use ASXP, could it be winds causing this?

Wind... Yes of course it will effect how the aircraft handles on the ground depending on wind direction and travel. 

• Upvote 1