SkyMaxx Pro v4.8 - Cirrus still present and crazy

Prosco

Hello,

Thank you for this update.

With SkyMaxx Pro v4.8, I encounter some problems:

1 / a layer of cirrus is always present even when in the "weather" part, there is none.

2 / If I ask for a layer of cirrus cumulus + cirrus appears.

3 / If I remove the cirrus layer cirrus come back.

Demonstration by the video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dqrIyxWg4CNcUX5bGAcyEswihqq7naW8/view?usp=sharing

Best regards.

Ah, you're right. We'll have to bring that back in our next update. I believe it is on by default.

Or, now that X-Plane can handle cirrus, it would make sense to just remove that option entirely.

Edited by sundog

On 5/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, sundog said:

Or, now that X-Plane can handle cirrus, it would make sense to just remove that option entirely.

No, please don't do this. X-Plane can handle its own cirrus for quite a while but the SMP additional cirrus layer adds much detail to most of the weather rendering, no matter if I use default real weather, ASXP or weather presets - I would definitively miss it if it gets removed as without I rarely see any similar cirrus rendering on top of the 'regular' clouds placement. 

:-)

Edited by FlyAgi

22 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

No, please don't do this. X-Plane can handle its own cirrus for quite a while but the SMP additional cirrus layer adds much detail to most of the weather rendering, no matter if I use default real weather, ASXP or weather presets - I would definitively miss it if it gets removed as without I rarely see any similar cirrus rendering on top of the 'regular' clouds placement. 

:-)

I reached the same conclusion. The option will be back in our 4.8.1 release (coming soon!)

• Like 1