SkyMaxx Pro v4.8 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 4.8 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v4 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v4 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 4.8 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro 4 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• New choices for cirrus, overcast, and cumulus cloud textures
  • New user interface for choosing cloud textures; each cloud type now has its own configuration screen
  • Fix appearance of precipitation in VR
  • Suppress towering storm clouds above 40 degrees latitude (unless told to explicitly by an external injector)
  • Fix cloud/terrain blending when using Real Weather Connector while only ground fog is present
  • Fix fog / in-cloud effects in X-Plane 10
  • Improve accuracy of cloud altitudes
  • Added backup weather download capabilities when using "always" mode in Real Weather Connector
  • Fade time when cloud layers change increased to 30 seconds
  • Fixed fog inside stratus clouds
  • Fixed cloud shadows and other special effects in VR
  • Fixed hard edges on solid & broken overcast clouds when viewed from above

As always, thanks for purchasing from X-Aviation!

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm not able to install real weather connector 1.1 with skymaxx pro 4.8 

I needed to install skymaxx pro 4.7.3 first then real weather connector and after that skymaxx pro 4.8. (WIN10)

Is that normal?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

skymaxx.PNG

Edited by cg210387

Thank you very much, I use in Vr and I'm really happy with everything you've improved !!!
I would like to try to set it from the bottom, what are the less demanding graphics settings from where can I start and then grow and evaluate the limits of my specifications?
Thank you

40 minutes ago, cg210387 said:

Hi,

I'm not able to install real weather connector 1.1 with skymaxx pro 4.8

I needed to install skymaxx pro 4.7.3 first then real weather connector and after that skymaxx pro 4.8.

Is that normal?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

Having the same issue. I've attached a screen shot of the error. I have SMP v4.8 installed and running in XP.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 8.16.19 PM.png

Hi All,

Great product. Update looks really good! Found one small 'bug'. When applying your settings under the 'configure clouds' menu, it resets all the settings in the cumulus, cirrus and overcast menu's to default. Would be nice if this is kept. Because you might sometimes adjust your draw distance but now it resets all the other settings as well which is a shame.

Keep up the good work, you guys are still number one ;-)

Cheers!

59 minutes ago, KMKaine said:

Hi All,

Great product. Update looks really good! Found one small 'bug'. When applying your settings under the 'configure clouds' menu, it resets all the settings in the cumulus, cirrus and overcast menu's to default. Would be nice if this is kept. Because you might sometimes adjust your draw distance but now it resets all the other settings as well which is a shame.

Keep up the good work, you guys are still number one ;-)

Cheers!

Thanks for the report! I hate to be a pest, but do you recall the specific steps you took? I just tried changing the cumulus representation, closing that window, opening "configure clouds," changing the draw area, and then closing that window and re-opening the cumulus one. It looked like the new setting was preserved. I don't doubt you found a bug, but I'm having trouble figuring out the sequence of events that might lead to a problem.

Thanks for your quick response! I tried it again after rebooting X-plane, but it seems it remembers the settings now. It happened when I first started X-plane after install and licensing of Skymaxx , so maybe it only happens the first time after install and when you reactive your license.

For now it works ;-)

Edited by KMKaine
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Carefully re-read what you just quoted from me.

That was just for Crosschecking :) was waiting for hours in front of my computer with endless refreshs LoL

Thank you for quick update ,,, SMP+RWC is the best ever solution for XP11.. Wish FSGRW join them on macOSX 

Thanx again

cheers

PS: Successfully installed , works like a charm .. Thanx for all efforts

Edited by ArielB

Seeing also FPS increase, great! I would like to ask why is SMP options in the cloud art windows returning to default values? Example I change the cirrus textures (it reloads normally) but after some time the default cirrus texture returns, not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

I have a strange problem with 4.8. My X-Plane 11 freezes about every 3 minutes - and freezes for 20-30 seconds every time - then resumes. 

When I disable Skymaxx X-Plane 11 runs fine. I did not have any problems with 4.7.2 (I never got  4.7.3 installed)

Can I have a link to version 4.7.3 so I can try to install that please... to compare. I have deleted my 4.7.2 download so I am stuck with 4.8 or nothing.

Can you please advice?

20 hours ago, alexcolka said:

Seeing also FPS increase, great! I would like to ask why is SMP options in the cloud art windows returning to default values? Example I change the cirrus textures (it reloads normally) but after some time the default cirrus texture returns, not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

OK, I did find a bug that could result in your cloud choices getting reverted after using the main SMP configuration screen. Thanks for reporting that.

We'll put together a 4.8.1 bug-fix release soon. At a minimum it will fix this, and bring back the missing "force cirrus" option in the UI.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, oleandreasen said:

I have a strange problem with 4.8. My X-Plane 11 freezes about every 3 minutes - and freezes for 20-30 seconds every time - then resumes. 

When I disable Skymaxx X-Plane 11 runs fine. I did not have any problems with 4.7.2 (I never got  4.7.3 installed)

Can I have a link to version 4.7.3 so I can try to install that please... to compare. I have deleted my 4.7.2 download so I am stuck with 4.8 or nothing.

Can you please advice?

You'll have to open a ticket with X-Aviation to see if the 4.7.3 installer is still availble.

But if you are also using Real Weather Connector and have it set to "Always" mode, I think I know what might be causing this - and it should behave better in our forthcoming 4.8.1 release. Using any other mode than "always" would also clear it up.

If that doesn't describe your setup, you're probably running out of memory and freezing while it all swaps. Removing custom scenery, add-ons, or reducing settings in X-Plane or SMP can help.

7 hours ago, sundog said:

You'll have to open a ticket with X-Aviation to see if the 4.7.3 installer is still availble.

But if you are also using Real Weather Connector and have it set to "Always" mode, I think I know what might be causing this - and it should behave better in our forthcoming 4.8.1 release. Using any other mode than "always" would also clear it up.

If that doesn't describe your setup, you're probably running out of memory and freezing while it all swaps. Removing custom scenery, add-ons, or reducing settings in X-Plane or SMP can help.

I AM using Real Weather Connector - and WAS using the "always" mode. I have uninstalled both RWC and Skymaxx 4.8. Then re-installed both. I have set RWC to "Automatic" instead of "Always" - and now the problem has gone away. So I guess it was your advice that worked.

Thanks. Everything is working fine now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LUCAG said:

HI, I HAVE A PROBLEM
AFTER THE EXECUTION OF THE INSTALLATION I DO NOT SEE THE PLUGIN ONCE IT IS EXECUTED X PLANE
IS IT SUBJECT TO ANY OF YOU?

Sounds like the sort of thing where you'll need to open a support ticket at http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php - it may have to do with the specifics of your system and license.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic