What if: Leave Out RWC?

Fab10

Hi,

I am returning to SMP/RWC with ASXP or FSGRW (older x64 bit version) for my WX solution. These provide the most convincing representation of weather within XP, IMO.

I’m experimenting with settings as I’m still finding my personal ideal. I am looking for correct cloud placement as well as the best possible cloud cover in terms of cloud density and overcast.

Should I use ASXP’s “Global” mode when RWC is enabled?

What would I expect me to see with Global enabled or disabled and RWC omitted?

With the older version of FSGRW (XP10 x64 bit) operating, will SMP 4.7.3 show different cloud sets or can this only be correctly achieved with the up to date version FSGRW?

Thanks,

Fabio

I am pretty sure that you'll get the best results with global mode off and RWC on external injector. To ensure you pick up new changes immediately, you can uncheck the "never change visible weather" option in RWC, which I think accomplishes the same thing they're trying to achieve with "global" mode, but without giving up localized weather depictions in the process. That said I don't know how ASXP works under the hood. so I could be wrong.

With RWC omitted you will only see uniform weather conditions surrounding the plane, limited to 3 layers. It puts you back to X-Plane's default weather depiction.

Only FSGRW has worked with us directly to enable the depiction of new cloud types. You will need a new version of FSGRW released after our 4.7 release for that to work.