Problem with Payload Setting in FMC & Rudder Pedals

Polonsky

Payload Setting Problem:

By setting GW & ZFW mutiple times I got a console pop out like this:

IXEG-Console.png.9efe2720db99ac23e8d7e5754ba48b70.png

I assume that this is the unexpected behavior so I reported in, here's what the FMC shows:

IXEG.thumb.png.a876fbbd639f02bbc2fb29aeb3e49432.png

2: Rudder pedal problem.

When turning with rudder pedals, the aircraft behaves like the break is applied. I've already read the post that the customers have to manually change something in the PlaneMaker in the 11.26 version. However it really seems to me that something behind scene touched the "apply breaks regular" dataref as the auto-brake got disarmed as soon as I alter the direction through rudder pedals after touch down. Besides that, given that 11.30 is out for a long time, it's feasible for me to find the older version of XP just to fix this. Any solutions? 

Hi Polonsky,

thanks for the bug report - I haven´t seen this one yet, so it is very valuable! Just to confirm, you entered both GW and ZFW several times? Any specific order?

As for the rudder pedals, yes, there was a change in the way the simulator tries to "help" people go around turns without rudder pedals - by applying the brakes.

Here is a description for the fix:

Needless to say is that we fix this for the next update.

When the autobrake disarms after touchdown this is usually to people inadverantly applying brakes - even a tiny bit. Often rudder pedals are "spikey" and send signals inadvertantly. I have to be very careful with my Thrustmaster ProPedals myself... I alway make sure I only press with the heels when steering. Unfortunately we can´t set a "null zone" for the brakes in X-Plane. And since we use "default Laminar Research system code" for the brakes, we can´t really specify for how long and how much the user needs to apply manual braking for the autobrake to disarm...

Cheers, Jan

4 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Polonsky,

thanks for the bug report - I haven´t seen this one yet, so it is very valuable! Just to confirm, you entered both GW and ZFW several times? Any specific order?

As for the rudder pedals, yes, there was a change in the way the simulator tries to "help" people go around turns without rudder pedals - by applying the brakes.

Here is a description for the fix:

Needless to say is that we fix this for the next update.

When the autobrake disarms after touchdown this is usually to people inadverantly applying brakes - even a tiny bit. Often rudder pedals are "spikey" and send signals inadvertantly. I have to be very careful with my Thrustmaster ProPedals myself... I alway make sure I only press with the heels when steering. Unfortunately we can´t set a "null zone" for the brakes in X-Plane. And since we use "default Laminar Research system code" for the brakes, we can´t really specify for how long and how much the user needs to apply manual braking for the autobrake to disarm...

Cheers, Jan

A much as I could remember that I messed with (GW OR ZFW) at least once. One thing I didn't mention is that I entered planned fuel after filling (GW AND ZFW (one of them was completed automatically, I forgot which one)), I randomly put in planned fuel and I noticed that GW OR ZFW (Once again, I forgot which one) no longer match what the ground service panel indicated. I tried pressing the LSK for ERASE too. I can't tell the exact order of actions or exact timing of the error. I'll update this post if I've figured out something new. Please kindly leave a message if the dev team are able to reproduce the problem as I've yet to find a way to achieve this. 

Edited by Polonsky

Thanks for the further info - yes, the "planned fuel" could be problematic. In real life the pilots will only enter it on the ground (before the plane is refueled) to "test" if the plane is able to match restrictions during the flight.

Normally no planned fuel will be entered and the automatic detection of fuel levels (fuel summation unit) will be what determines the difference between ZFW and GW. If you enter a different value into ZFW or GW boxes it will not match what the ground service panel states, obviously. This works just like on the real plane. If the plane weighs 50.000kgs and the pilot puts in 55.000 into the FMS - how would the FMS know that this is not correct? So the entered or displayed value could well differ from the ACTUAL value - if the pilot/user puts in a wrong weight.

But at any rate, the simulation should not crash if you try to enter a planned fuel.

Thanks, Jan

Edited by Litjan