How to brake.

Es125

I went into the xplane key bindings and set the B key to toggle brakes regular. You could also set a key or joystick button to toggle maximum or press to hold for braking action. 

If you have a driving sim setup you can also use the driving pedals as right and left toebrakes.

Hi Dartofdoom,

Ok thanks, i will try this tonight.

Her is what i got from the X-Plane.org forum :

I do not have the TBM 900. So I cannot test it now. But from my knowledge Saso (Totoritko, the main developer) has implemented the braking system as it is in the real plane. Which means you need to apply the toe brakes to enable the parking brake then. With a small knob below the pilot yoke. As it is typical in a Socata. Since the parking brake is only an extra valve which "hold" the pressure you applied through the toe brakes. But if this is true and there is no option in the plane to "simulate" an easy approach then you need to use pedals or a script, which simulates the toe brakes. I am using the latter approach since I have also no pedals. For this I have a FlyWithLua script (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37662-differential-and-progressive-brakes-for-x-plane-11/). With this script I can assign a key or button to a function, which applies a progressive pressure to both toe brakes. I cannot life without this script now :D

On 5/12/2019 at 2:07 PM, Es125 said:

New to the TBM, and following the tuturials, 

Releasing the park brakes is no problem ...  but i can't apply brakes.

I don't have rudder pedals,

Apparently this plane was designed for use with rudder pedals, using it w/o them causes several issues...

if you use a button for "hold brakes regular" and push this button while engage the parking brake via the normal X-Plane command it should work!

You need to hold the brakes (with rudder pedals or with button) while engaging the parking brake (with button or with knob in VC)

• 4 years later...

Very strange - After not flying for awhile :(   I now notice my button (keyboard and joystick) for "hold brakes regular" no longer works for the TBM900.  Found this thread and the lua script to workaround the issue - but unsure if a recent X-Plane 11 update impacted this?

Any ideas as the TBM documentation states (pg. 22) "If you do not have hardware toe brakes, simply use the button or key to apply the brakes to normal effort. This will apply the toe brakes automatically"  ???