CTD - Random

KiwiRoss

First thing you should do is to update your graphics card drivers... you're still on 399.24 and should be on at least 419.35.

You should also remove (not just disable) all of your plugins (except Gizmo) and then add them back one at a time to see if you can spot which one might cause a CTD.

Hope it helps...

39 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

First thing you should do is to update your graphics card drivers... you're still on 399.24 and should be on at least 419.35.

You should also remove (not just disable) all of your plugins (except Gizmo) and then add them back one at a time to see if you can spot which one might cause a CTD.

Hope it helps...

You're very good at this.  

;)

@KiwiRoss , what Jean said.

Thanks for the quick reply Jean, appreciate it.

Downloading latest nvidia drivers now, for some reason I thought windows 10 updates automatically did that for me but looks like that's not the case.

In my plugins folder I have the folders and files below.

Excuse the ignorance but do I move all those out of there except for the one folder called Gizmo64.plugin?

Thanks in advance.

image.png.ec4762971a3fb5f7161f6e81a4b58b5a.png

I have just had 2 x consecutive crashes and the logs attached are of the latest.

I don't know if it is relevant but both these crashes occurred while using the TBM (obviously) and orbx true earth scenery which are my most system demanding plane and scenery.

First CTD I did as described in the last post with the exception that I also added the xtoebrake plugin which allows me to use my racing pedals as rudder pedals with toe brakes. I really hoped this wasn't the problem plugin so I rolled the dice...

The sim loaded and I went to external view and began to rotate around my plane to load in all the scenery. Half way around the plane I got a CTD.

I then removed that plugin leaving exactly the plugins in Jeans example above.

This time xplane just about finished loading and a warning popped up saying something like "B58 sounds could not be loaded because... some reason".

I clicked, "I Understand" to continue and got a CTD.

The log files to that crash are attached.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt

The log file doesn't show that X-Plane crashed.  It just shows X-Plane shutting down.  So this is a weird one.  

Try this first.

Shut down X-Plane.

Remove the "state" from the Output/TBM900 folder.

Reload X-Plane and the TBM.  

Re-test.

If you still get crashes, try the following...

Uninstall the TBM completely using the uninstaller in the folder X-Plane 11/X-Aviation

Go to the Aircraft/X-Aviation folder and delete the TBM folder, if one is still there.  

Go to X-Plane 11/Output and delete the TBM900 folder from there (You will lose your airframe.  But you can simply put this folder back after reinstalling a fresh copy.)

Run the X-Plane installer, and make sure beta is unchecked.  

Let it reinstall all necessary files.  

Reinstall the TBM as per usual.  DO NOT replace the TBM900 folder that you deleted/removed out of the Output folder yet.  Run X-Plane and test.

Please post back results.

Hi Goran,

thanks for the detailed instructions.

I did the "try this first" step and have had a couple of crash free flights.

I've just had a crash now but it wasn't like the others, a Windows box came up saying xplane has stopped responding do you want to wait or close so I closed.

It was in the orbx scenery and my frame rates were getting very low flying over a city, down to single digits, sometimes freezing for a few seconds, then up to 25 then single digits, back and forth.

So not really sure if these are useful logs because maybe I need to turn down my graphic settings.

Still no plugins in there.

Thanks.

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt