TBM 900 Some minor observations.

xpst

Hi,

I've been spending some time with the paintkit to create a livery so I've been watching a lot of details of the Hot Start TBM up close, as well as real life pictures and videos, and continue to be amazed by the quality of the modeling. I noticed a few things:

The end of the tail section differs a bit. On the real plane it seems to be made out of 2 sections and finishes slightly sloped instead of vertically.

I think there should be vents between the vertical strakes of the rear section.

It's a pity the riveted registration number doesn't change when the painted one is changed.

As I said, it's amazing though !!

Tail section.JPG

On 5/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, xpst said:

Hi,

I've been spending some time with the paintkit to create a livery so I've been watching a lot of details of the Hot Start TBM up close, as well as real life pictures and videos, and continue to be amazed by the quality of the modeling. I noticed a few things:

The end of the tail section differs a bit. On the real plane it seems to be made out of 2 sections and finishes slightly sloped instead of vertically.

I think there should be vents between the vertical strakes of the rear section.

It's a pity the riveted registration number doesn't change when the painted one is changed.

As I said, it's amazing though !!

I'll take a look at fixing the tail where the light is positioned.  
The vents might be a bit trickier to fix.  It means heavily modifying the mesh, and that means the original paint kit, and all paints that are already available, will be obsolete.  I don't think that'll go down too well.  

Thanks Goran !

I think I'll try to "fake" the vents in the paint kit, no big deal.

> big black bumps under the base of the wings
I guess they're just bumps covering something. I found where to paint them.

Now ... do you think you could point me to where the Oxygen Service Port door can be painted ? I tried several places which looked promising, but no luck yet. Can it be done ?

Capture.JPG

Hmmm, yes I can see that fine. But that's the ELT door, not the Oxygen Service door, isn't it ?

There's a door which looks just like what I need in file "Wing_Right"... but when I paint it, it is covered in black anyway (plus the button and the labeling of course). My layering looked OK to me, I'm puzzled.

Capture.JPG