Best Method To Correct Tendency For 'Left Wing Down' Condition?

BMoto53

I've now flown this aircraft 3 times for a total of about 5 hours and I'm really enjoying it! I note, however, a tendency for it to fly in a slight 'left wing down' manner at cruise  --  as you can see in the screen shot of the Garmin G5 I've attached [the triangles at the top of the arc don't align as I think they should]. I've read through the documentation and didn't find anything discussing this condition nor how I might be able to resolve it. I know there's an Aileron Trim switch;  yet, after experimenting with it, all I seem to be able to do is get myself 'wings level' for a moment or two before the aircraft simply reverts to the previous 'left wing down' condition [shrug].

While I suspect it's probably nothing more than 'pilot error' on my part and an inability to operate the Aileron Trim switch correctly  --  I'm wondering  --  does anyone have a tip/suggestion on how I can resolve this?

P.S.  In Load Manager, my weights are equally balanced, so I'm not thinking that's a factor.

Pocket Rocket Retract - 2019-05-08 07.41.43.png

The rudder trim would be what to use to alleviate this condition. The tilting is caused by a slight non-coordination in flight, so you can use the rudder trim switches to make sure you are pointed in the same direction you are flying. You can use the slip indicator to help align the plane properly (the white circle located on the G5, there is also a bar under the top triangle on the G1000).

To the rescue again, Cooper [smile]... Thanks so much for your response and suggestion. I always enjoy learning something new, so I'll definitely try that technique the next time I fly this aircraft... As before, I'll let you know how things go!

~  B

• Like 1

UPDATE  ::  I've just completed a short test flight using the rudder trim technique you suggested, Cooper, and I'm very pleased to say my 'directional and leveling' problem disappears after a little switch clicking. The condition still presents itself from time to time;  yet, at least now I know what to do to correct it  --  and that's a good thing! Ya' see, I don't have all that much experience with high performance aircraft like this one, so every flight... well... every flight enables me to learn something new  --  another good thing! I seldom have to trim anything in any of my other GA aircraft, so getting to know a true thoroughbred like this  --  one requiring a bit more attention than what I'm used to  --  is both interesting and challenging...

Anyway, thanks again for your assistance! Enjoy the rest of your week...

~  B 

• Like 2