Just Finished My First Flight And Experienced Some Challenges...

BMoto53

Re: Pocket Rocket v1.0.1  |  X-Plane 11.33

First off, this is truly an extraordinary machine  --  a real 'hot rod'  --  and a real blast to fly! Thanks so much for developing it...

Now, on to where I am at the moment... I've just completed a 1.5 hour orientation flight and experienced a few operational challenges I haven't seen referenced here within the Forum:
- The G5's on/off switch does not work  --  the unit will not power up after clicking on the on/off switch;
- None of the switches [lights, electrical, etc.] actually work, either. When clicked upon, absolutely nothing happens; and,
- I'm not able to access synthetic vision in the PFD  --  nor am I able to access the checklists.

I can program a flight plan, tune the radios, tune the transponder and view the moving map without difficulty

I've cycled through the documentation once, and I'll certainly do it again to see if I missed something in the installation process [though I don't think I did]. That being said  --  and based upon the comments of others and what I've seen in Twitch streams  --  it's entirely possible I've missed doing/activating something. It... uh... wouldn't be the first time, nor the last, I'm sure [knowing nod]. Before proceeding down the troubleshooting path  --  and even downloading/installing the aircraft again  --  though, I thought I'd check in here.

X-Plane on my system is pretty much a standard install, and all of my other addon aircraft function as expected, so I'm... uh... somewhat perplexed by this aircraft's 'constricted functionality'...

Suggestions? Thanks!

That sounds like something is certainly not loading or activating. Please load the aircraft in X-Plane, quit the sim, then upload the file "log.txt" that is located inside the X-Plane 11 main folder. This file will tell me more about why the plugin isn't activating.

Ah yes, I see the problem in the log. Our aircraft's plugin isn't being loaded by X-Plane because the XGS Landing Speed plugin is installed. 

The reason this occurs is because both plugins (our aircraft's and XGS's) use libacfutils (An aircraft plugin library) XGS is using an older version of the library, and it is loaded before our aircraft as a global plugin, so X-Plane decides not to load our version (since one is already loaded by XGS) but since it is an older version, it is not compatible. We are working on implementing a version of libacfutils that is linked statically with our plugin, so it is forced to load again, but that is still being worked on. 

Until we can get a static version of libacfutils working with our plugin, I would recommend using a different landing speed plugin, there are many available that do not rely on libacfutils, here is one that I have used: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/7995-landing-speed-plugin/

I would never have known about that conflict if you hadn't discovered it, Cooper [shaking head in wonder]  --  so thanks very much for your valuable insight and solution recommendation. I'll get to that tomorrow and let you know how things go. Thanks, as well, for your prompt response! Can't wait to get back into the air in this machine and try [unsuccessfully, of course] to conceal my grin...

A SPLENDID UPDATE  ::  I downloaded the Landing Speed Plugin you suggested, Cooper, made all of the necessary file revisions [just couldn't wait until tomorrow as I stated earlier] and  --  ta da  --  I'm so very, very pleased to report all is now perfect! None of my earlier performance issues remain. As a result, I'm truly 'in business' now [knowing nod]! I just finished a short 'post-maintenance' hop a few moments ago and was truly gobsmacked by all of the features in this aircraft  --  especially that synthetic vision... Amazing functionality... What a treat to fly, as well.

Anyway, thanks so much for helping me as quickly and thoroughly as you did. I'll definitely be flying this magnificent machine a lot in the days ahead!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~  B

• Like 1

@CoopThe link you posted on Sunday is XGS 2.0.2 - and you said this is the one that we shouldn't use  - or have I got this wrong?  Anyway, I decided to use a lua script for landing speeds instead.

I was getting a CTD when I loaded the plane first (as opposed to loading it after I'd loaded another one - when it was OK).  Xsaitekpanels was apparently the culprit.  I investigated further, and found I needed to update that plugin, and it's OK now!  

BTW, I'm on an iMac and using OS X 10.14.4 and X-Plane 11.33

1 hour ago, diamonddriller said:

@CoopThe link you posted on Sunday is XGS 2.0.2 - and you said this is the one that we shouldn't use  - or have I got this wrong?  Anyway, I decided to use a lua script for landing speeds instead.

I was getting a CTD when I loaded the plane first (as opposed to loading it after I'd loaded another one - when it was OK).  Xsaitekpanels was apparently the culprit.  I investigated further, and found I needed to update that plugin, and it's OK now!  

BTW, I'm on an iMac and using OS X 10.14.4 and X-Plane 11.33

The old version of XGS (as linked) is fine, it is the newer version with libacfutils that is causing the grief with the aircraft.

Ah - interesting that Xsaitekpanels was crashing it, must have not liked our config files (maybe ours are a newer version format). Glad that it is working now!

Enjoy the plane :)