G1000 Autopilot Aileron Flutter and incorrect speeds?

moespeeds

I was messing around with the G1000 tonight, mostly learning the autopilot. Towards the end of my flight I got some crazy aileron flutter while the autopilot was engaged. As soon as I disengage, it stops. This happened in both ROLL and HDG modes. Also my airspeed on the left MFD was only showing 2 digits (like 44) while my groundspeed was 250. Changing speeds had no effect, the speed stayed stuck around 40 no matter what speed I flew. Pitot heat on and off.

32 minutes ago, moespeeds said:

I was messing around with the G1000 tonight, mostly learning the autopilot. Towards the end of my flight I got some crazy aileron flutter while the autopilot was engaged. As soon as I disengage, it stops. This happened in both ROLL and HDG modes. Also my airspeed on the left MFD was only showing 2 digits (like 44) while my groundspeed was 250. Changing speeds had no effect, the speed stayed stuck around 40 no matter what speed I flew. Pitot heat on and off.

The aileron flutter issue will be pushed in the next update, once we get the full synth fix, it will be pushed out to everyone.

That is an interesting issue with the airspeed, that sounds like it is either caused by the pitot cover being on or your pitot tube being clogged (check the sidebar maintenance manager - the maintenance system can be fully disabled from the sidebar menus as well)

• Like 1