TBM 900 v1.1.9 Update Released!

Cameron

Try re-installing with all antivirus turned off.  Bitdefender has recently been throwing up false positives while Gizmo gets installed.  

Your case is definitely an activation issue which is dealt with by Gizmo, and if your PC security is quarantining some files, you will definitely have problems

Goran_M
Good Morning
Well, I reloaded the TMB 900 (again)... This time with all my virus checkers diabled and

unfortunately, it gave me the same scenario. ie tow bar attached and unusable switches.

I did however find another clue as to perhaps why this is happening.

I thought I would try disabling all the plugins and see if one was misbehaving.

When I went to Enable/Disable Plugins tab it showed me a list of 5 plugins. ie

Gizmo64
OpenGPWS by Saso Kiselkov
OpenWXR by Saso Kiselkov
X-TCAS (C41B87B)

AND lastly

TBM900 by Hot Start

The interesting thing is that The TBM900 plugin was NOT enabled!

I tried to enable it but it would not accept my choice as it was greyed out.

I looked in the plugin file folder and couldn't find this Plugin.

I would expect that that would be part of the download..

let me know if I can download this plugin from somewhere or maybe I'm off on some wild goose

hunt.

I really appreciate you helping me with this.. I believe this would be a super aircraft to

fly If only I could get it to work.

Thanks again

Chris

@Chris5353 The issue you are seeing is caused by your GPU driver being extremely old, probably somewhere around version 314. Drivers this old cannot load the TBM's complex rain effect shaders due to lacking support for OpenGL async compute. Go to https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/ and install that program. That'll make sure you have the latest driver installed (checking on nvidia.com, that should be version 430). After that, the aircraft should load without issues.

Edited by skiselkov
typo

Well Thankyou for your assistance in mentioning that I upgrade my Graphics Driver

I currently use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 which has been using the 320.49 drivers. I do believe it only has 3GB of memory

I went to download the latest driver group for my GTX 780 but unfortunately it needs the windows 10 OS and I currently run Windows 7.

Now my question is... Do I upgrade to Windows 10 or do I buy a more  expensive Card like the GTX 1080, that has more memory >4GB.

Perhaps the GTX 1080 won't run under windows 7 anyway and I would have to upgrade to windows 10 as well.

I hate spending $800 + on a card and 200 on an OS just to use this one plane..

Quite a dilema.

Disregard the previous message.

I found a driver that is current for my card and it works with Windows7

And the really GOOD NEWS is that my TBM 900 works like a charm now.

Imagine Microsoft telling me my drivers were the latest and most current when in fact, they were 2 years old..

Again..Thankyou for all your help.. I'd be still downloading and swearing for all hours had it not for your support.

Chris

On 6/18/2019 at 8:18 PM, radospanny said:

I found the problem myself.

I solved it by removing the RealView 1.1.1 plugin. I removed all plugins and gradually added them back. Now I have 28-45 FPS on TBM900. Will you @PilotNuts or @Goran_M contact RealView author @EgorHST to resolve this incompatibility for future versions of TBM900 / RealView?

Note: The problem is not with eGPU.

Glad to see you got it sorted. 

1 hour ago, Chris5353 said:

Disregard the previous message.

I found a driver that is current for my card and it works with Windows7

And the really GOOD NEWS is that my TBM 900 works like a charm now.

Imagine Microsoft telling me my drivers were the latest and most current when in fact, they were 2 years old..

Again..Thankyou for all your help.. I'd be still downloading and swearing for all hours had it not for your support.

Chris

Glad to see you got it sorted. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 12:18 PM, radospanny said:

I found the problem myself.

I solved it by removing the RealView 1.1.1 plugin. I removed all plugins and gradually added them back. Now I have 28-45 FPS on TBM900. Will you @PilotNuts or @Goran_M contact RealView author @EgorHST to resolve this incompatibility for future versions of TBM900 / RealView?

Note: The problem is not with eGPU.

Hi @Goran_M,

Have you detected/fixed the error and contacted the RealView developer?

The same problem, ie. dropping FPS to 5 FPS, is in combination with the xAmbience plugin too.

Today I accidentally detected the cause of the FPS drop with the xAmbience plugin enabled.

FPS drops quickly when the Low Idle throttle lever is set during engine start.

Please, when will this annoying bug be fixed?

Thanks

Edited by radospanny

1 hour ago, radospanny said:

Hi @Goran_M,

Have you detected/fixed the error and contacted the RealView developer?

The same problem, ie. dropping FPS to 5 FPS, is in combination with the xAmbience plugin too.

Today I accidentally detected the cause of the FPS drop with the xAmbience plugin enabled.

FPS drops quickly when the Low Idle throttle lever is set during engine start.

Please, when will this annoying bug be fixed?

Thanks

That's not so easily done.  We're looking at the problem, and a fix is in the works, but we can't just contact another developer and tell them what the problem is if we're not experiencing the same thing.  This is why we ask the people having problems to also send a log to the other developers to see if it's something on their end.  Saso is certain it's the GPU or something the GPU is doing with the add ons you're mentioning.  The combination of add ons and the low fps is a result of the GPU architecture going a little crazy when they're all running simultaneously.  

Even though it doesn't happen to other add ons in your case, it's not always the aircrafts fault.  

Wait for the update to get sent out to testers (there are quite a few fixes included), and we'll take it from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello hello :)

A new one, at least for me :/

Log-file attached.

best regards,

Fredrik

2019-08-11 16:14:06 TBM900[except.c:171]: Caught EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Backtrace is:
0 0000022B8C391CC4 D:\X-Plane 11b2\X-Plane.exe+0000022B8C391CC4 ()
1 0000022DC0857978 D:\X-Plane 11b2\X-Plane.exe+0000022DC0857978 ()

/Fredrik

Log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

So here is the sequence,

1-Start x-plane load tbm.

2-FS global real weather load with skymaxx pro and real weather connector.

2-add fuel, start the aircraft.

3-load flight plan, takeoff, before reaching cruze alt around 10 min into flight, the x-plane crashes totally.

I will try to replicate today also and attach the log file.

Thanks

Goran_M

This is strange, I was able to complete a full flight of 2+hrs yesterday without any problem, yet today I did the exact same steps and route around 30min into the flight X-Plane crashed. But this time I was lucky enough to have something in the log file.

Any thoughts?

Log090719.txt

And another crash.... this one barely starting the climb! sounds like a plugin conflicting with Win Kernel!

Log090719-2.txt

Edited by Viper_one

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic