Other version of Ground Steering possible? [Answered]

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I think this is one of the best aircraft for flightsim ever. But it has one big downside for me. The steering with rudder on takeoff and landing. This is the reason why I parked this aircraft in the virtual hangar.

I have read all topics about this and the summary of this is - just learn to steer it. Maybe I invested not enough time for learning it, but I have the feeling I wasted too much time fiddling around with it and it makes no fun at all at this point for me. It ruins every flight when I veer off the runway after a overall nice flight.

So, to make this short: Is there any way of MODDING the rudder to fit it my taste? I dont ask for a "fix" as there is nothing bugged! 

I just want to fit it to my taste, so that I can enjoy flying her. And I dont want to start a discussion as what is real and what not, I know she is highly realistic simulated, but this one part seems too realistic for me and my hardware.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Rhinozherous

In the first 5 hours or so of flying this wonderful aircraft I would have agreed with most that the ground handling needed some work. Now though I never have any problems at all during take-off or landing. You just have to treat the pedals like you are stepping on puppies rather than cockroaches. Also you need to use a reasonable amount of torque for the speed you are at, or in other words slowly advance the power lever to around 80% and then nudge it up a little more (if you need to) once over 60 knots or so. If you try going to 99% from less than 20 knots you'll be heading straight for the terminal whilst treading on those roaches.

If you don't have any rudder pedals and are using the twist on a stick then you can pretty much forget it, you simply cant achieve the finesse needed for small smooth inputs. You really don't need anything expensive like Crosswinds, my Saitek Combat Pedals work fine, once you realise you have to use tiny inputs and wait for the aircraft to react a second or two later after having made that input, if you over compensate you are in for a world of pain as its very hard to get it back under control, AS IT SHOULD BE.

Perhaps have an option that allows us to switch between a realistic and forgiving rudder feel setting. Whatever though Goran and team you have made a wonderful aircraft, now I'm wishing waiting for a 940 with AT :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

In the first 5 hours or so of flying this wonderful aircraft I would have agreed with most that the ground handling needed some work. Now though I never have any problems at all during take-off or landing. You just have to treat the pedals like you are stepping on puppies rather than cockroaches. Also you need to use a reasonable amount of torque for the speed you are at, or in other words slowly advance the power lever to around 80% and then nudge it up a little more (if you need to) once over 60 knots or so. If you try going to 99% from less than 20 knots you'll be heading straight for the terminal whilst treading on those roaches.

If you don't have any rudder pedals and are using the twist on a stick then you can pretty much forget it, you simply cant achieve the finesse needed for small smooth inputs. You really don't need anything expensive like Crosswinds, my Saitek Combat Pedals work fine, once you realise you have to use tiny inputs and wait for the aircraft to react a second or two later after having made that input, if you over compensate you are in for a world of pain as its very hard to get it back under control, AS IT SHOULD BE.

Perhaps have an option that allows us to switch between a realistic and forgiving rudder feel setting. Whatever though Goran and team you have made a wonderful aircraft, now I'm wishing waiting for a 940 with AT :ph34r:

Personally, I'd think that if the steering of a TBM was that difficult there'd be at least some instances of real TBMs leaving the runway.  That I know of, that's not ever happened.  To be honest, I've made some mods to mine (working to make it sort of similar to the E1000 ground steering...another PT6 powered aircraft, the steering of which I consider fairly decent).  

11 hours ago, Goran_M said:

New update coming out with steering "fix".

Time stamp to the point Brett landed with the nose steering update (Not available to non testers yet)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/412344888?t=02h22m41s

Brett landed at Wings... Love that field! There's a great little ma & pa sandwich shop about a 10 minute walk from it called "We're On a Roll". They do a really good smoked chicken salad sandwich!

3 hours ago, cbreeze said:

Actually I’m using the Thrust Master T16000M joystick.  This is probably the best joystick I’ve ever owned and I have been simmimg for many years.  I have no problems you just have to tweak the settings.

I use the same flight stick... But have the peddles, but the same with a little tweaking I have no issues keeping centerline on takeoff or landing. And I agree with you, the T1600M is a really solid setup.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:19 AM, Rhinozherous said:

Hello!

I think this is one of the best aircraft for flightsim ever. But it has one big downside for me. The steering with rudder on takeoff and landing. This is the reason why I parked this aircraft in the virtual hangar.

I have read all topics about this and the summary of this is - just learn to steer it. Maybe I invested not enough time for learning it, but I have the feeling I wasted too much time fiddling around with it and it makes no fun at all at this point for me. It ruins every flight when I veer off the runway after a overall nice flight.

So, to make this short: Is there any way of MODDING the rudder to fit it my taste? I dont ask for a "fix" as there is nothing bugged! 

I just want to fit it to my taste, so that I can enjoy flying her. And I dont want to start a discussion as what is real and what not, I know she is highly realistic simulated, but this one part seems too realistic for me and my hardware.

Thank you very much!

Download the latest version 1.1.9 (released today)

It has fixed all of the steering takeoff and landing issues I have had!

• Like 1