Info message re cabin temp

jcallum

5 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

(Sorry, was half asleep.  Just saw now in your first post you were in flight)

You've definitely missed something then.  If it happens again, can you post a screenshot of your ECS panel so I can see exactly what is going on.

Will do. It doesn't occur on every flight but it has happened a couple of times.

I’ve gotten this message on occasion myself.  It displays at the top of the screen and not anywhere in the aircraft.  When it has displayed I simply checked to make sure everything is right with my ECS and then turned on and adjusted the heat or air conditioned and the error message went away.  I’ve gotten it on the ground and in the air.  Anyway, that’s been my experience.

cbreeze

Hello,

I've been flying the lovely TBM a lot lately (v1.18) and I get this message almost every flight. It's quite funny, there I am, cruising at 30000ft and being advised to open the door to get cooler :)

All looks fine. My bleed is on, air conditioning is set to AUTO, fan speed max (I use max to get cooler faster after I switch to MAN mode), temp selector in the middle, air selector halfway between cabin & windshield, all looks fine. What I always do is to flip the AUTO mode into MAN for a few minutes (with the fan speed at max and temp selector in the middle) and the message goes away ... and then if I forget about it then after a while I actually get too cold so I flip it back to AUTO :lol:

BTW: Speaking of warning messages - is there a way to disable the "low FPS" warning please? It's a bit annoying - I get it every time during a weather refresh (even with my 9900K:lol:), otherwise my FPS is fine but every time the weather is being recalculated I get the message (I'm currently using default weather + FSGRW). Would be nice to be able to just disable the FPS warning message but I don't want to disable all warning messages because I want to know if I'm doing something wrong with the ACF. Thanks.

Edited by lanmancz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still Having this issue TBM V1.1.9 X-plane Version 11.34r1. I have had a couple flights the Auto setting maintained cabin temperature, but most i have to flip it to manual to cool the cabin. Looking at the ECS diagram I have noticed that in auto, The vapor cycle system is not running but when placed in manual it turns on and RPM and CHG are at ~80%.

Auto AC Cabin temp increases Compressor does not turn on.

528917927_ACAuto.thumb.jpg.1d6dd1dd6a8b5d12d91f20762ef47451.jpg

AC in manual Compressor turns on Cabin temp decreases.

145246687_ACMANUAL.thumb.jpg.c85ac9cd358cfd9ed06d02664fa42293.jpg

• 11 months later...

I get this message band also, but only on the ground when everything is shut down or when I am inside prepping for a flight. In all cases the door is closed. It does seem odd that the only way to avoid getting this red banner alert is to keep the cockpit door open or start up the engines. Maybe a $5 battery driven fan would solve it. Or just disabling this message. But that may be unwise as you may need to see that in certain circumstances. Any thoughts Goran? 

4 hours ago, SHaines said:

I get this message band also, but only on the ground when everything is shut down or when I am inside prepping for a flight. In all cases the door is closed. It does seem odd that the only way to avoid getting this red banner alert is to keep the cockpit door open or start up the engines. Maybe a $5 battery driven fan would solve it. Or just disabling this message. But that may be unwise as you may need to see that in certain circumstances. Any thoughts Goran? 

Go into your Airframe Manager and uncheck what you don't want shown (lower right).

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 9.10.46 am.png

Hi Goran, I considered doing what you suggest but then I am turning off every message, not just the offending one. So I just hit the "X" and make it disappear. Eventually the fringes of my monitor start turning pink at which point I finally open the door.