Hot start issue & Miscellaneous Problems

kogged

1. I am encountering an issue where my engine will hot start and catch fire every time unless I start the tutorial and exit it which seems to "reset" the plane. Anyone know why this is? It's very annoying. I am not changing anything with regards to my start up procedures. 

2. My game randomly crashes for no reason really. Reloading a configuration seems to crash it consistently, it just gets permanently stuck in "loading livery". Also it will randomly crash when switching around camera views

Edited by kogged

It's definitely not normal, and I just tried it myself right before I posted, and had no problem starting.  So I'm guessing it's something on your end.  Are you sure you're following the right procedure?  Do you, possibly, have some kind of script running that controls fuel mixture?  Is your fuel mixture assigned to a button or slider on your hardware?  

Edited by Goran_M

6 hours ago, kogged said:

Another problem I am having is my camera automatically snaps back to the front facing view for no reason. I can't pan around the cockpit for too long because it just snaps back 

If you´re using XCamera there´s a setting that fixes that.  

6 hours ago, kogged said:

1. I am encountering an issue where my engine will hot start and catch fire every time unless I start the tutorial and exit it which seems to "reset" the plane. Anyone know why this is? It's very annoying. I am not changing anything with regards to my start up procedures. 

I´ve had this issue.  I had a hotstart and didn't catch it in time and the engine caught fire...I created a new livery it caught fire too and again...and again..........

It keeps some memory of the last airplane.  I exited the sim, deleted the state directory and reloaded the sim, created a new livery and everything was fine and all new again.

Gregg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kogged, don’t worry mate you’re not alone. Been trying to start the darn thing since 09.30 ever since I updated, and it catches fire without fail every single time.

Like yourself, ive attempted deleting, reinstalling, deleting and redoing my joystick setup, changing airframes, deleting airframes, going through the tutorial but nothing works.

Hell it even caught fire in the Tutorial.  

Ended up costing me £110, after I got so frustrated I punched my 2nd monitor with predictable results.  1 new monitor being ordered. :(