Awesome TBM

cbreeze

Greetings,

just wanted to add something good about the TBM.  I am still running an early version with XPlane 11.30 and have had zero issues.  I just purchased ASXP and  using the default cloud textures.  Haven’t experienced icing yet or any real failures.  Had some nasty weather in my area yesterday so I took a IFR flight and went  looking for trouble.

Flew from KMDW to KGRB.  Got in the clouds and about half way to GRB I started picking up occasional icing.  It was really neat to see it form on the airframe and then watch the boots remove it.  The icing was sporadic as it is in real life.  As I was executing the GPS approach down to minimums I lowered the landing gear and had a malfunction.  I really didn’t expect that.  Executed a missed approach and once at a safe altitude got the gear down and locked with the manual gear extension lever.  Did the approach again and landed safely.

I was totally blown away by how impressive this aircraft is and how well ASXP worked with the default clouds.  I have a commercial, multi-engine and instrument ratings.  That experience was pretty realistic.  Even though it’s a sim I try and fly as I would in real life.  The approach in itself was a challenge and the unexpected gear failure at a bad moment increased the pressure and started to get overwhelmed.  Did what I would do if it was actual and it worked out.

just wanted to post something really positive about the TBM and thank the devopers for creating such an amazing aircraft. When it works it really works.  I really have no desire to fly anything else.

cbreeze