Instruments indicate different air speeds

Buttons840

Here I am on an approach, and you can see that the upper instrument was indicating a speed of 98 kts, and the lower panel indicates a speed of 0 kts. I'm pretty sure I was going faster than 0 kts. :)

This was a problem I had throughout the flight. The two instruments never agreed, but they were close at higher speeds. The autopilot never complained, perhaps because the autopilot ignores the speed completely and trusts the pilot to manage the throttle?

I doubt this is a bug, but I'm not sure what could have cause this. Any ideas?

TBM900_8.png

Make sure your pitot covers are removed. After the last update both the pitot and static covers are not modelled for me so i have to ensure they're removed via the loadout manager. If not that did you have the pitot heat on the whole flight? if not they may have iced up.

If you ever have some kind of airspeed mismatch, pull the "alternate static" handle, found under the co pilot yoke.  

Also, always check the maintenance manager to see if all flags have been removed.  The flags are individual, and you have to remove them individually.

Edited by Goran_M

10 hours ago, Goran_M said:

The flags are individual, and you have to remove them individually.

Hmm. The flags are most definitely not individually removed in my user interface. If I click one pitot tube, the flags are toggled for both pitot tubes. Likewise for chocks, I cannot have chocks installed on just one tire. That's why mentioned above that the user interface would not allow me to have only one pitot tube covered, either both are uncovered or both are covered, I literally wouldn't know how to cover one but not the other, the user interface will not allow it. If this is unexpected I can make some videos of it.