Bottom buttons on PFD not working

Mikec1553

Pocket Rocket Team,

When I load the aircraft everything seems to work with the exception that I have a problem with the PFD in both 3D cockpit and pop-up usage. I can use the dials/buttons, etc. on the sides of the PFD, but the whole row on the bottom just make the clicking sound but have no effect.  This has been the case since I first purchased the aircraft, and un-install Ver 1.0.0 then install Ver 1.0.1 did not resolve the issue. 

I have many other payware aircraft including the TBM 900 and none of them have any problems.

I have attached the log file for your review. 

Thanks,

Mike

Log.txt

That is quite odd, I can not replicate the issue, but I am investigating it. Can you try backing up, then deleting the preference files in "X-Plane 11/Output/preferences" - the ones that start with "X-Plane__________.prf" and see if that resolves the issue? (If it doesn't, restoring the preferences you back up beforehand will bring back the settings)

Ok, I removed all preferences including the control profiles and the problem was resolved - synth terrain looks fantastic!  

Now I will try adding prefs back to see which one(s) cause it to fail. Also I use a CH Rudder Pedal setup which is pre-USB, so I am using a joystick port to USB converter for the pedals. I wonder if that could be the problem, although I use it fine with all my other aircraft.

Resolved - I deleted just the X-plane.prf file and then reconfigured my graphics settings and TrackIR, and everything now works. I did not need to make any changes to my controller settings or anything else.

Thank you! 

now one more minor item...….  I get a message that my Nav Data is out of Date. How do I update my Nav data?

6 hours ago, Mikec1553 said:

Resolved - I deleted just the X-plane.prf file and then reconfigured my graphics settings and TrackIR, and everything now works. I did not need to make any changes to my controller settings or anything else.

Thank you! 

now one more minor item...….  I get a message that my Nav Data is out of Date. How do I update my Nav data?

Updating nav-data is an optional thing for X-Plane, it brings all the procedures and waypoints, etc. to the latest version to match the real world. It can be necessary for online flying but isn't necessarily needed for flying offline. If you are interested, many people use Navigraph for their NavData: http://www.navigraph.com

• Like 1