First CTD

Gregg Seipp

Just started the TBM at KSBA which I've done quite a few times.  Sitting on the ramp going through the after-start checklist got a CTD...

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

EDIT:  After the crash I tried restarting the sim but it kept hanging loading the TBM900.acf file.  I deleted the "state" dir but that didn't help.  I rebooted and, finally, it loaded up.  So, maybe the crash was hardware related?

Gregg

Edited by Gregg Seipp

@Gregg Seipp Gregg, I notice the last line of your TBM900_Log file shows "Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000"

I've had this same condition occur before and the trick for me was to turn OFF the AI aircraft, remove them from opening. It got rid of the crashes and of course the downside is no AI aircraft.

Hoping to see this go away in a future revision, but for the time being I just run with no AI aircraft.

Dwight

2 minutes ago, DwightP980 said:

@Gregg Seipp Gregg, I notice the last line of your TBM900_Log file shows "Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000"

I've had this same condition occur before and the trick for me was to turn OFF the AI aircraft, remove them from opening. It got rid of the crashes and of course the downside is no AI aircraft.

Hoping to see this go away in a future revision, but for the time being I just run with no AI aircraft.

Dwight

Okay.  It's the first CTD I've had in 10-12 flights so I may run the risk a bit.  I already removed WT3 and I'd rather have something up there with me. :P

Just now, Gregg Seipp said:

Okay.  It's the first CTD I've had in 10-12 flights so I may run the risk a bit.  I already removed WT3 and I'd rather have something up there with me. :P

Right you are! Sometimes I will complete several flights too just like you, and if no CTD, and only the exception noted in the TBM900 log file, I'm good with it. The trouble for me if is on a real long flight I get the CTD. It forces me back to reality, and I remember I'm setting at my computer set-up and not in a real TBM900 :wub: